PON Light Blinking

• Thread starter Thread starter ironmike12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 35,435
ISP
BSNL FTTH
I am using BSNL Bharat Fiber Broadband Connection. I am facing a issue with my Syrotech GPON-1110-WDONT. Everything was working fine until I tried to set up the ONT in bridge mode as WiFi performance was poor. I recently bought Archer A6 V3 which I was planning to use as the router. It didn't work out.

After multiple failed attempt I decided to use Archer A6 just as an access point but when I reconfigured my ONT it wont connect. The PON LIght kept blinking. I tried resetting it but nothing worked. Rx Power if -13 dB which I think is fine.
Any body has an idea what can be the issue?
Is it an issue with my ONT or something from the side of ISP?

i think you clicked on clone mac id in TP-Link router. i also did same mistake then my mac id got black listed by OLT.

Here is my post which may help you.

I had a similar issue of PON blinking whenever I reboot the ONT. I fought with the LCO and later on found that there was some issue with the OLT. The support team from Syrotech came and fixed the OLT, maybe they upgraded the ONT am not sure.

i think you clicked on clone mac id in TP-Link router. i also did same mistake then my mac id got black listed by OLT.

Here is my post which may help you.
I did clone the MAC Address while setting up the TP Link Router. I will try to contact the LCO. Lets see whether it gets resolved or not. Thanks for the quick response.

PON LIGHT BLINKING usually means authentication is not complete bw your GPON box and the isp server. This is usually automatic and is configurable on your ISPs side. I suggest, you ask the isp to reconfigure your gpon box or get you a new box if he doesn't understand that. I guess, while you change the mode, it also lost its previous config data.

@Lolita_Magnum I did save the config file of my previous configuration. It is not working even after using the using the old config file.

Just an update Internet is up now. I contacted with the person who came for installation. He took away the old ONT and after some time came up with another ONT which is also used which I can tell by looking at it. But in EPON Information in the connection status:

"Connection Status-Registered, not authenticated."

Why is is showing as not authenticated or it's just how it is supposed to be ?

@ironmike12 yea,well as I said above. It's probably got reset by the ISPs side, since you made changes to your GPON box(hence, the isp server is failing to authticate the customer). Ask your isp, to re register your gpon.

@ironmike12 Bro you just face that issue by cloning mac address as i also did same mistake for first time in bridge mode. That person give you another ont instead of this if he just remove your mac id from black list from OLT then also your issue gets resolve. My LCO also replace my ont for 3 times but 4th time he does not have any ONT in stock so i found the issue with help of Syrotech support and deleted all 3 mac ids from OLT.

Back