PON Light Blinking

• Thread starter Thread starter ironmike12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 35,435
@iamSuddu I don't know much about networking but what I think there is no MAC Binding at place in the area where I live. To check this I tried to clone the MAC Address of my old ONU from the self-care portal to my router and I was working. If that MAC address was blacklisted I think I would not have been able to access internet

I am able to access internet irrespective of the MAC Address. Even with the default MAC Address of the router everything is working fine.

May be at your place MAC Binding was there.

PS: Please correct me if I am wrong as I don't know anything about networking.

PON light also blinks when Rx power is poor ~-28-29dBm, same happened with me, they changed the router but it was fixed after fixing rx power

At my place I had asked BSNL guy if they have MAC ID auth and he said No. I then put the isp router in Bridge mode and tested pppoe using my own router and it worked. Later when I set the isp router in router mode, it somehow misbehaved. But I had saved the config file which I uploaded and then everything worked correctly. I don't understand why do they provide routers. they should just provide ont's but they dont. Same is the case with many other fiber internet providers like airtel.

Back