PPPoE IP Address unavailable for always on connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Nachiket
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5,824

Nachiket

ISP
BSNL DataOne
Help me out guys,I m using BSNL Dataone broadband connection. We have 2 desktops and 2 laptops, we use SmartAX MT814 ADSL modem which is also used as a switch, all computers are stand alone and we share data, printer and internet, where internet use to be always on and anyone to access web. Since last week, always on connection is down and we can access internet only via a separate dialing broadband connection and only one computer can access internet. While internet is on one compter the Lan works fine. We tried out everything, changed Lan settings, assigned IPs, checked DNS, IP, Subnet Mask, Default gateways, reset the modem, reconfigured the modem, we even installed a new modem but still the problem persists. I have noticed, when a special dial broadband connection is used the (miniport PPPoE IP) client IP address is assigned by the service provider but only when trying always on the client IP is not assigned by the Service Provider. In modem configuration VCI/ VPI is 0/35 and all other settings are enabled. The modem shows connected but in service information the status shows not connected due to PPPoE IP unavailable and client IP not assigned. Please help me out guys. Location- Nasik (Maharashtra)

Is DHCP server enabled in the modem?and are the other computers on automatic assigning IP under TCP\IP?Try with Always on 1stNow does a single computer able to access the internet if directly connected to the modem after putting the above settings?Try these and then get back.:) waiting for more from you:redface:

members/nachiket/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co.
we use SmartAX MT814
Typing mistake ? can be Mt 841.
SmartAX MT-841 ADSL MODEM (Type-IV) CONNECTION
SmartAX MT-841 ADSL MODEM (Type-IV) MENU
Enable DHCP in modem as advised by @mac.
Enter range 192.168.1.3 to say 192.168.1.20
All computers. Network/LAN/Properties/TCP/IP properties/
Select asign IP address automatically.
DNS: use opendns 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 or select auto
If you want the Internet connection "Always On" select PPP/PPPoE
enter User Id and password in the modem

thankx Mac, but i have tried with the settings and it did not work. Not a single computer works alone when connected to the modem when in Always on.oh Yeah there is Typo Error you are correct its MT 841. thankx essbebe

alright now u wrote this!"PPPoE IP unavailable and client IP not assigned"which indicates an Authentication problem from the server side.What does BSNL say about it?

Mac, BSNL says there is no problem from their side. yesterday i got my networking guy to check the LAN there is no issue with that. He has an identical modem as mine, so we took our modem at his place to check if it works, my modem did not work there, so now we will get his modem which works on always on and try and get the connection going at my office lets see what happnes.thankx a lot for the help, i appreciate it, and also welcome more. Cheers mate

We are here buddy u keep posting, we keep helping:)

Hi Guys and yeah Mac, Problem sloved!!! i changed VPI/VCI from 0/35 to 0/32 and link is up. make sure you delete 0/35 and 0/32 and create new VPI/VCI 0/32. What is this VPI/VCI, what could have been the problem. As the problem sloved, but i still not sure what cozed the problem, and m very qurious what could it be, so that it does not happen again, and if anyone comes accross this problem then this might help.

make sure you delete 0/35 and 0/32 and create new VPI/VCI 0/32. What is this VPI/VCI,
for ISP BSNL it is 0/35 . Checked mine .

hey nachiket, I am also using the same modem. Recently bought one more computer and planning to network them and use internet on them.Can you please guide me as on how two computers can be attached to a single modem having a single internet connection. and please try to be as layman as u can be, to be very detail as i dont know much of computers to operate much..thanks.

Back