Prithvi UE100 with Tp Link TL-MR3220 3G/4G router

• Thread starter Thread starter Krishna6233
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 21,426
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too get 3 bars and occasional 4 bars. It takes time to find out places, positions and exact way to keep d modem.
Even a slight change doesn't give me speed anywhere near that.
I've tried n tried n tried so many experiments. Speeds r never stable.. Some days I never get above 800kbps.. Some days it goes above 2mbps... :/

InternetAddict007 said:
@harsh any updates on speed you're getting?
P. S. Using the Mr 3420
118.1 kB/s - highest speed i've seen so far and that was just a couple of secs ago, signal strength is 93%. Haven't got the ext cable so far

harshb said:
118.1 kB/s - highest speed i've seen so far and that was just a couple of secs ago, signal strength is 93%. Haven't got the ext cable so far
Is that at par or Atleast somewhere close to whatever speed you were getting while directly plugging in with the using the router?
If yes I'm dumping Iball router ideas and going for Mr 3420 :)

am using 1 m local make extension cable and 3 m branded extension cable , both works fine with the router and laptop
capitel and micromax modems !
@ internetaddict007 check my thread if u are interested in buying TP 3420 , but please be aware thats its only a router not modem cum router!

MediaFire said:
am using 1 m local make extension cable and 3 m branded extension cable , both works fine with the router and laptop

capitel and micromax modems !

@ internetaddict007 check my thread if u are interested in buying TP 3420 , but please be aware thats its only a router not modem cum router!
Thanks bro.
Any chances of providing a link to the branded extension cable or specific definitions as to brand etc?

InternetAddict007 said:
Thanks bro.
Any chances of providing a link to the branded extension cable or specific definitions as to brand etc?
the branded one i got from belgium for indian equivalent of ₹1500 , havent come across such extension cable in india
but the device should work with even local makes , only that the life of the local make is less

@harsh any updates bro?
At Krishna, if you don't mind, could take a picture of the 1m cable you use with prithvi modem and post it here ?
I haven't got anything other than an old 0.5m cable to work with my prithvi ue 100.
Tried lots of different cables from a local shop.
I'm planning to go to the electronics hub of Chennai (Ritchie street) sometime n search for one.
Anyone who have a longer cable working with the ue100 kindly post a pic.
Thank you.

Also an update on speed, using evdo after a week I seem to not be getting speeds I used to get few weeks back. Maybe because my room is dumped with lots of stuffs prepared for shifting,
but my speed now is mostly between 600-1300 n occasionally for a few minutes goes above 1.7mbps.
There used to be times when I used to get 2.3mbps straight for hours.
Bsnl or my room, or whatever, never trust wireless technology [emoji23][emoji23]

Maybe i'm a bit late for the discussion but i had used a TP-Link MR3020 router with prithvi UE100 and Huawei E169 data cards
it worked perfectly with huawei E169 even with extension cable, but UE100 caused too much trouble.

here is my experience with MR3020 + UE100 card
When prithvi UE100 is directly connected to PC: [with USB extension cable, signal strenghth -84dbm]
I get ~100-110KBps when i directly connect UE100 with my PC using a 75cm extension cable [as internetaddict said, i get those speeds only when the UE100 data card is kept in correct place and position]
When UE100 is directly connected to MR3020 router [without usb extension cable]
Doesn't connect most of the time, connects only if i manage to find the correct place and position to keep it [like i mentioned above] even in that position, i get ~10-15KBps and disconnects frequently.
When UE100 is connected with MR3020 using a 75 cm extension cable
Does not work, not detected.
I sold MR3020 few days after buying it and now i need a wifi router again.
Thinking about getting a MR3040 or a MR3220.
ps: that usb extension cable came with Huawei E169 data card, i don't know about its brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back