Problem Connecting the Linksys Router with Airtel Broadband Modem

sameer_nagpal

ISP
Airtel 256MBPS unlimited
Hi, I am using Airtel Broadband connection with Beetel 110 TC1 ADSL2 + Router. I am trying to connected Linksys Wireless router BEFW11S4 with the modem to get the wireless up and running. I am able to connect to internet in case i connect my Airtel modem to Laptop. However, I am not able to get to internet if i use Linksys router in between Modem and Laptop even with wire. Unless i get to internet using wired connection through router, i am not able to configure the wireless internet using the CD provided with the Linksys router. I called up Airtel Support and they mentioned that the Airtel connection can support only one either Airtel Modem or Linksys Router - which is not possible. I am sure there woule be someone who would have faced such problem before and can help me out. ThanksSameer

ok, i have a Linksys AM300 ADSL+2 DSL modem, and for the past 2-3 days, my line has been facing frequent disconnection. The airtel engineer came to my place today, and said SNR ratio is not good , hence change the modem. I told him put your beetel modem - LO !!!! al works fine with beetel 220bxI modem, but as soona s i attach my linksys modem - no net. what to do ? i calle dup my friend - he is using a Netgear ADSL modem - facing same problem. So my guess is Airtel wants us to buy beetel modems ( which are actually compex modems).

I am having same issue with Linksys Cisco WAG 120N modem router.Frequent disconnections on my airtel broadbandThe airtel technician advised that the attainable rate shud be 25000 but linksys wag 120N is only 2844 - the reason for frequent disconnectionsI have contacted linksys cisco and they are responding

Back