Problem in upload speed

• Thread starter Thread starter skfg60
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,623

skfg60

ISP
BSNL
I am a subscriber of Dataone broadband from almost the very beginning when it was introduced. I was a very satisfied customer of Dataone until; about 15 days ago a strange problem developed in my Dataone connection.

I am on BB HOME C Unlimited 750 @ 512 Kbps plan. Last 15 days ago I was used to get an upload speed of about 30-32 KB/s (240-256 kbps), but for the last 15 days I am barely getting any upload speed, it's just 4-6 KB/s (32-48 kbps).

I made a complain, get my pair changed as they were saying there is problem in my pair but the problem still existing. I can barely being able to upload anything, even uploading a small 500 KB file causing server timeout most of the times.

I tried resetting my MODEM several times, tried in another installation of OS (I've 2 OS installed in my system) but the problem didn't resolved either.

I already contacted the broadband section/JTO several times, but that didn't help either. I checked at their end by logging with my user ID, did a speedtest yesterday, it showed only 83 kbps at exchange.

As usual, they JTO tried to convince me by different method by saying that it is normal/your system may contain virus etc. etc. I am a very old computer/internet user from the ol' 33 kbps dialup days, so I know what's going on in my system.

I am attaching here the speedtest result & my MODEM summary page.

After several try for the last 10 days to contact any concerned at Telephone vaban-Calcutta, today I succeeded to contact some lady who consulted with some engineer & replied me, that you'll get this much of modified upload speed now as per the corporate office decission in you plan.

!!!

So I wanna know, is it true! How much upload speed you people getting in C Unlimited 750 @ 512 Kbps plan? Is the whole team is a bunch of jockers! Whom should I contact further?

Please suggest.
Thanks

http://www.freeuploadimages.org/viewer.php?file=t8tmw43ffdftrtba2ij1.png
http://www.freeuploadimages.org/viewer.php?file=qs3ierhf8fr46j7nzxg.png
http://www.freeuploadimages.org/viewer.php?file=50316trncq2xj5zh8xmj.jpg

Jees!!!!!!!! Did the JTO ever read modem page where it show the ADSL Link speed. Upstream is only 64kbps and downstream is only 704kbps. It is not physically possible to get speeds more that that. Also your SNR values are terrible. It show that you have a very bad line not suitable for ADSL. The JTO should know this. There is nothing wrong with your PC. The problem is either with your ADSL connection itself or your router/modem. Try with a different modem/router and if these values are the same then it is your connection that is at fault. Also make sure that the JTO understands his job or not. Most of them do not and only talk about virus, DNS server setting etc. Make sure the JTO comes to your house and see the router page where it sas Upstream 64kbps and Downstream 704kbps. Try the DGM Broadband in charge of your area if the JTO does not solve your problem. There is no use wasting your time with people who do not understand the problem

I know my snr is very low, I am also synced at very low upstream. The JTO is almost a jocker.However, the point is I connected at the broadband section at exchange end with my ID & it shows only 80 kbps upstream @ speedtest.net with different (their) modem, how? isn't that scenerio bypassing the last mile to my home! It was just a parallel line from the dslam to their table, I think.They just get me new pair, my connection is rock solid, mean I can make a session of 24 hours without disconnection, my download speed is consistent & latency is normal as per bsnl network.A few hours ago I was able to talk with a lady at Calcutta main 'telephone bhaban', who said me that, this much of upload speed you'll get in your plan. This is set from the corpotate office for your plan.I just wanna know, how much speed you ppl getting in "BB HOME C UL 750 @ 512 Kbps plan", especially from Calcutta.Also could it be a problem at dslam end, I mean a port problem or something else.I am puzzled, getting full 64+ KB/s download but only 6 KB/s upload!

Back