Problem with ICICI Bank

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 18,641
I am working as a Software Engineer for about 8+ years and very much dependent on the salary bank account for all the transactions.From the beginning I had unlimited Transaction on my ATM card for cash retrieval from any Bank ATM without any charges.I has used ICICI, HDFC & Citibank with these features.Now my present company has forced to use ICICI account (Which I dont like).Now ICICI says that in non-ICICI bank ATMs, more than 5 transactions will be charged (just like a normal account in any bank) which is ridiculous. One CC/Bank representative says am in Privilege Banking, other says I am not. I have a good salary and FDs with the bank but still I am told that I do not satisfy their conditions which are not properly explained.My question is, Is not Salary Bank given more privileges on any bank? Is ICICI bank misbehaving in my case?Further I perform 30-40 online transactions per month on average, which are free for salary accounts, thankfully ICICI bank doe snot charge for it. I cannot use other bank accounts since the transaction charges will be too high for the no of transactions.Is there any solution for this?Sample this: I have been to some ICICI ATMs which do not have power back up and wont work on any power cut, its so pathetic sometimes.

HDFC...

wow so many ppl browsing this thread.this thread has become a hot topic for now :D

Moin will be thinking - What just happened to my thread.

his thread has been IBFed.

Moin will be thinking - What just happened to my thread.

his thread has been IBFed.

oh well better get to his problem then :D

btw I have decided to keep the card...as getting it blocked might block my online account too which I dont want :P

Yup. Dont block. Either keep it or get it exchanged for an ATM card or surrender it, the last two, if possible, of course.Back to Moin : I had suggested to write to customer care, so that response will be documented.

Yeah, will be writing to them.Anyways that is something I like, midway thru the topic changes. Nevertheless, the discussion is always interesting!

I wonder if you would have felt the same, if the topic had changed to warthog's nose piercing or discussing how bobby accidentally ended up having a cockroach in his mouth.*Dont ask why the above examples - they just popped in my head when thinking of random offtopic stuff we have had on the forum.

Yup. Dont block. Either keep it or get it exchanged for an ATM card or surrender it, the last two, if possible, of course.

It's been almost a Decade since i have seen a pure ATM card. I don't think any private bank issues a PURE ATM Card.

Well, the HDFC account opening form still has it, unless they haven't bothered to fix the document.

Back