• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,252

powerontop

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Hi,
It was Good Friday for all but with me it turns out it was not.
My MTNL Internet started behaving weirdly on Friday by showing signs of frequent disconnections. Initially it was less prominent but slowly picked up occurence and now I can barely connect to the internet at all. I called up 1504 on Monday and got to know that some Ericson port change work is going on but the aunty was unable to tell me by when this work will completely. Anyways also complained on 198 but dont think much is done. So basically I am without any Internet connection right now.
Before you ask, ADSL light is constantly ON, I do see 5353453535(basically a long number) CRC errors in the ADSL connection status page, phone line is clean and clear no disturbance. SNR etc is as it used to be when connection was working fine. Have tried changing modes to ADSL+, ADSL, G.DMT etc with no respite.
Is anyone around Borivali-Kandivali(or elsewhere in Mumbai) facing this problem? Does anyone know if MTNL is at it again?

yea..... am in Borivali..... on Ericsson...... same problem since Friday...... Long disconnections.... no IP assigned for like 1-2Hrs..... even though ADSL line doesnt drop....

Since Tuesday even ADSL is dropping even with SNR above 25dB and no noise.....

They seem to be working on something...... hopefully temporary....

I just hope they wont change r ports to Alcatel...

^ Thanks for the confirmation. Thankfully I am not alone who is facing this problem. But we dont have any ETA for this issue to get resolved. Once you somehow get connection and either connection drops or you stop downloading/browsing for a while, the connection is gone and you never get it no matter how much router restarts you do. Dont know what MTNL Mumbai is up to.

Situation looks lot better now...... hasn't disconnected since yesterday 7PM..... other than the mandatory 10Hr reset....

Hi there. Looks like same problem was here too in the Kandivali area since Friday but right now its stable. Also can you please explain me what you meant by the mandatory 10Hr reset.....is it like the internet goes off for a certain period of time and then comes back on....mine happens this everyday at night around 11.40 and comes back by 12.10...is this what you meant by the mandatory 10Hr reset?

MTNL provides us with an IP only for 10Hrs.... after which it will reset the net..... meaning the PPPoE/Internet light will go off and come back again in like 1 or 2 seconds..... Then u will hav the new IP for the next 10Hrs...

So if u got an IP at 9AM..... it will disconnect & reset the IP at 7PM...... The new IP will reset at 5AM next day.... and so on....

^^ Session time is 23 hrs now.

BTW internet is so slow today.

On 8 Mbps plan I am getting this:

4278460072.png

Dont know but I am randomly getting breaks in the connection as if connection is lost. and then after 1 or 2 min, the connectivity resumes though IP remains same. This happens roughly 1/2 - 1 hr though that ericson problem has not comeup yet except once yesterday night when I could not get connected for almost 1/2 hr of trying.

Back