Problem with MTNL 3499 4 Mbps Plan....

• Thread starter Thread starter The MasTer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,190
yes, if i have to logon to the modem ... i have to type 192.168.1.1 in my address bar.

SNR Margin 16.9 18.8
Line Attn 54.0 35.8
Data Rate 2304 573
Att Rate 6920 1005
Power 18.3 11.3
CRC 2 0

Your SNR Margin is very low & your Line Attn is far far too high plus you also are geting CRC. You basically have two problems
1) A line problem probably dirty contacts &
2) You are synced at a wrong speed.
Wait for the server side to do their bit then check if you are getting what you are paying for next speak to your DE/SDE for (1).

Your SNR Margin is very low & your Line Attn is far far too high plus you also are geting CRC. You basically have two problems
1) A line problem probably dirty contacts &
2) You are synced at a wrong speed.
Wait for the server side to do their bit then check if you are getting what you are paying for next speak to your DE/SDE for (1).

I think the SNR margin is fine - roughly in the medium range but should not expect any real problems. Low would be 6dB, not 16 - you don't have to have an outstanding (29+dB) connection to avail of a measly 4mbit/s.

The attenuation is a bit on the high side, but not enough to cause *too* many problems, since the attainable rate on the line is still capable of over 6mbit/s - I stole this from dslreports.com:

Back