ProtonVPN Introduces Localized Pricing for India on Android App

so yeah. you get the plus version and it works fine on desktop. i could not cross 150mbps on a bunch of servers i tried. but 100mbps is quite easy to get even with secure core enabled on desktop. tested on 300mbps excitel connection.

After several tests on 50mbps plan (i get 65mbps without VPN)

Secure core OFF
Speeds are great (60mbps+) , ping is on lower side for few servers (not necessarily the nearest. Me and Sushubh got better pings with thailand server)

Secure core ON
Ping is so high you can't really browse(500ms+). Speeds are 5-10mbps This wasn't the case with surfshark multihop (you can choose own combination of two server locations)

Try using India as one of the hops (Pick Fastest from Profiles tab). Pings are bad of course. But I am posting this on that mode. And here is the speedtest.

Source

Just wanted to know who are on ₹275/- pm plan, are they offering unlimited data download? Or is there some data restriction on how much one can use per day. Fir instance, Kaspersky VPN says 200 MB/day.

15926950501.png

Fastest profile results Indian server

Also IBF is banned on a lot of IPs :cry::cry: My last post was using mobile, Thought forum is under maintenance

heh. why would it be blocked on some ips. do leave server names and i would check them out.

I wonder if they'll bring Proton Unlimited also... I'd be willing to pay an absolute max of ₹10k annually for Proton Family.

Also, I'd recommend Windscribe as another option... I managed to get a $19/year subscription during the last black friday (rare deal I belive, though not their cheapest). You'll often find it at $29/year though. They also offer unlimited data and have a few 10Gbps locations (Singapore is the closest). AFAIK, not sharing node audit report was the main reason they weren't recommended by Privacy Guides yet.

Back