Query about modem replacement

partha_simple

gonna rock this place....
ISP
DataOne H500(2.5 GB)
hey guys i just want to know that whether the right thing has been done to me or not.when i initially took the BB connection,i had taken a modem on outright price which costed me Rs.1800 as mentioned in the BSNL website.Now that was a Siemens type-IV 4 ethernet port with WiFi connectivity.Because of lighntning(although i wasnt using the connection that time.it was powered off but the telephone wire was attached to it)it got damaged and never got switched on after that.I called up on the helpline number and the person asked me to take it and check it up at the local exchange.As i had also mentioned that the BB connection was not even 1 months old and it wasnt my fault,the BSNL guys replaced my modem with a new one within one month for free.But the problem is that this time they have given me a UTSTARCOM modem.That has only one ethernet and a USB port.So my question is that was i supposed to get a Siemens Wifi modem as a replacement or do i have to manage with this ????

The UTStar modem costs only 1200/-.

When i enquired in here about modem replacement, they flatly denied it. And advised me to exchange among my friends. :(

but the Siemens one had a WiFi connectivity,using which I could connect my laptop wirelessly and also use the 4 ports to conenct my laptop as well as my friends for data transfer through the router creating a LAN.But that is not possible now.

Back