Question about MTNL speeds for streaming video

• Thread starter Thread starter ab99
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2,439

ab99

ISP
MTNL
Hi,I'm hoping to learn a bit more about broadband internet speeds in Mumbai, specifically as they relate to streaming video.I have a Slingbox set up in the US, that allows me to stream cable TV programming over the internet to my computer in India. I've been testing the software with a Hathway 512 kbps connection, and the speed I've actually been getting is generally only around 200 kbps (sometimes going up as high as 450 kbps, but not for very long). I'm now considering switching to MTNL DSL, and my questions are:1. For current users of an MTNL 512 kbps plan: In your experience, does this plan actually provide *steady* 512 kbps connection speeds (as against the 200 kbps in the Hathway example)?2. For current users of an MTNL 2mbps night-unlimited plan: What kind of *steady* connection speed do you usually see?I'd appreciate any help you can provide, thanks very much.

1. mtnl provided free upgrade to all customers. We all have 2mbps speed (almost all)The speed sometimes even goes upto 10mbps(very rarely)