Some Questions about MTNL

• Thread starter Thread starter WhizKins
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 6,086
Absolutely frustrating. I think the corporate folks are paying our 'beloved' netas to not make the Internet and other stuff cheap just so that they can reap millions from us. We need something like Beam Fiber in Delhi :D

OK, just an update. I got a new MTNL BB connection UL 999 Combo today, the guy set it up (I wasn't at home). I checked that the speed is only 512kbps using SpeedTest :/ I tried both MTNL's speed test and speedtest.net one. Really, I though I paid for the 1mbps plan? Does anyone else experienced something like this? The highest it goes is upto 560 or something kbps and that too for just a millisecond.I even lodged a complaint, but I know that MTNL isn't good at customer service :/Is this something normal with MTNL?Here's the modem info (Model: 410TC1): Down UpSNR Margin: 33.5 9.5 db Line Attenuation: 45.0 24.5 db Data Rate: 576 505 kbps Attainable Rate: 13208 2189 kbps

Data Rate: 576 505 kbps
Get this fixed, to something like 1024 or 2048 kbps. They've synced you at 512k.

Also, the attenuation is high, though I don't think you can do much about that.

Thanks for that. I though so, it had something to do on their side. How should I go about telling them that? Since I already lodged a complaint and talked to the customer service guy and I doubt he'll know what the "Data Rate" and "Line Attenuation" are lol

Just keep telling them you're getting low speeds. If they dont fix it, call up your sde and tell him to correct the sync rate.Attenuation will only improve if your line is changed, shouldnt be a matter of concern if your connection is stable.

Thanks alot for the info x720! They called today and asked if the connection is working. I explained to the line man that the problem was from their end (their exchange probably) and he said he he'll forward the message to the exchange. Hopefully, it will get resolved by tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath :P

Btw, who's an SDE? and how can I get their contact info?

----------

I'm asking just in case the problem doesn't get resolved by tomorrow.

SDE is what you call a sub divisional engineer, basically the chap responsible for broadband at the exchange. You can get their contact number from someone at the exchange or from 197. Though most of the times they are reluctant to give out contact nos. Else, you could contact the jto (Junior Telecom Officer), there should be a list of JTOs somewhere on mtnl's website, find your exchange's from the list.

Not yet :/ I've made two complaints, one from 1504 and one online through their website. All they did was call and ask about the problem and then they say 'OK, we understand and we will forward it' and they close the complaint. Pathetic customer service if you ask me! I guess I'll have to go to their exchange on Saturday and talk to someone in person.

Back