Really bad internet speeds and constant drops on BSNL FTTH

• Thread starter Thread starter QBlade
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 9,096
@Kick933 Told LCO that the signal is weak. They said it's not possible then proceeded to upgrade the firmware of the router. They also changed the primary DNS to Cloudflare but I am now seeing a packet loss and high pings to my public IP gateway.

@anmol_112 Where do you live exactly ?

Signal is not weak. -25dB is fine. BSNL is terrible since lockdown. I'm also facing same issues. barely getting 50Mbps on plan 100, whereas earlier it always used to be ~110 Mbps on speed tests. download hovers around 30-50 Mbps during the day. At night it sometimes becomes normal. Ping is fine though..

@anmol_112 I play only PUBG mobile. the ping depends on time. sometimes when it's good, it's around 50-60. Other times it's 250+. and sometimes the game doesn't even load and shows network error while internet works.

This issue happens on both the IP series, 59 and 117

Haryana Circle this side.
Today it is not working at all! 50mbps shown in speedtest and nice ping but youtube, whatsapp, telegram nothing is working
Tried 1.1.1.1 DNS, nothing is changing!

I'm having the same. I choose 50 Mbps plans and it recorded around 5-10 Mbps and there is constantly fluctuations in the speed every half min. So I suggest don't go with bsnl and choose other operator.

Back