Recent changes in tata sky enough to kill competition? i think it has

ISP
airtel
free movies, flexibility to have add on sports packages, lowering base prices.is this enough to kill competition???I think so. dish and big tv have lost out!wow! i was lamenting yestreday but after reading new packages iam happy that i now have more choice.DTH always meant choice and Tata Sky is finally moving towards it.I was wrong!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

DTH always meant choice and Tata Sky is finally moving towards it.

I was wrong!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Dancing because you were wrong? :confused:

Uhh.. modularity is good, but we're talking about packs life Lifestyle Silver.. which has 1 news channel, 1 entertainment channel and 1 preschool channel. Is that really modular? I think not.

free movies, flexibility to have add on sports packages, lowering base prices.

is this enough to kill competition???

I think so. dish and big tv have lost out!

wow! i was lamenting yestreday but after reading new packages iam happy that i now have more choice.

DTH always meant choice and Tata Sky is finally moving towards it.

Do your maths if you have been to school.........

free movies, flexibility to have add on sports packages, lowering base prices.

is this enough to kill competition???

I think so. dish and big tv have lost out!

wow! i was lamenting yestreday but after reading new packages iam happy that i now have more choice.

DTH always meant choice and Tata sky is finally moving towards it.

Do your maths if you have been to school. I dont agree with you TS is only fooling customers.

Its not maths dude!!! its choice! i was paying for espn, star sports, cricket & ten for last 1 year. now i have a option!

1) i can pay for one month whenever there are matches

2) i dont watch BBc and many are like me so after the new scheme i no more have to pay for bbc!

3) dhoni, that smile was for me realising that DTH in india has advanced.

WHATS THE POINT OF DTH IF ALL U GET IS ONE BIG PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!:cry::cry:

If you wanna criticize me, go ahead its a boon for me.

dividing in to sub packages is what empowers us and i feel empowered.:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Uhh.. modularity is good, but we're talking about packs life Lifestyle Silver.. which has 1 news channel, 1 entertainment channel and 1 preschool channel. Is that really modular? I think not.
Not too clear on this yet. But I think they are trying an Indian pack, foreign pack kind of thing - if you consider that all channels in LS-Gold are Indian ones and those in LS-Silver are foreign ones. That leaves the option of having LS-Platinum open where they can shove in premium foreign channels or something similar.

hmm now after all this TS will cost me more :(.S,all in all I'm not happy .:mad:

I think he's right .. Its all about making choices and the fact that we can choose one pack for a month and discontinue it when its not requiredI just hope they don't put a clause that even if you want to disconnect they charge you for a month in advance...that would mean a lot of planning before adding and disconnecting a channel

modularity is good but this kind of modularity is not good.ok, some ppl dont watch sports channel except when there is some series, now the problem is series wud be only on 1 channel, but this kind of modularity makes me pay for 3 channels!i dont watch cricket much but i watch Formula-1 which comes say twice a month, so just for some 4hrs of TV watching, i wil have to subscribe to 3 channels!!same way, i dont know how it is now, but earlier Tata Sky had english pack and hindi pack. now i wud go for hindi pack but i also want HBO, so just for HBO i cant pay for full pack.(or jumbo pack)so in short this kind of modularity doesnt give much choice to customer, it infact makes customer pay extra, unnecessarily.and this cud actually be a trick from tatasky in the name of customer choice! whereas they might have done lot of statistical/mathematical analysis and come to conclusion that this way wud earn them more money.sometimes pleasing minority helps! i dont think there are many houses in india which dont watch one or other sports channel. they have reduced base price to please such minority but most of houses will want both packs and hence wud have to pay extra

Modularity would have been good if got Super saver + sports platinum + BBC + ten sports for Rs. 300 per month NOT Rs. 345 p.m.This is just an excuse to raise prices while claiming more choice for customers :mad:

Back