@! ReChArGe Your DataOne !@

• Thread starter Thread starter agnivo007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 11,705
25 KBps is good enough if u r far away from your exchange. Otherwise chk ur lines and junctions etc. and cable quality. Or maybe MTNL's service is not that good. Many get lesser speeds. I get around 30 to 32 KBps as I'm close to the exchange - within 1 Km. Still applied the tweaks. Expectedly, no change. Thankfully it didn't get worse.

Santanu(Hulo),You won't get much enhancement if the connection runs at full speed, say 30-33kbps ! But I have myself slogged from 12-16kbps to about 36kbps. That is why I tried to share this tweak with u all.Coolbuddy,U had mentioned somewhere that u get about 200kbps down and 118kbps up. But we, under BSNL get theoretically 256kbps up and 64kbps up.I think there is some difference of ADSL implementation and difference of hardware in DSLAMs used by MTNL which is the cause of this scenario. I am not sure whether MTNL has optimized and checked their lines and has good amount of bandwidth to share between the customers. Also, the quality of lines, presence of joints and distance from DSLAM are major factors which determine the maximum up/down speed u can get.

I havent tried these settings yet, but shouldn't we also put these numbers in the MT800 modem setup as well? I have my MTU set to 1400 hehe i get good speeds 450 - 480 kbps on my 512k line... will try these settings later to see if I get any better...

agni and hulo: i'm hardly 500 meters from the exchange...and i totally agree with agni on the upload/download speeds...anytime i do the speed test, they almost are same...it seems SDSL rathen than ADSL to me...let me try and change the MTU in the modem and will tell u my experience...thanks for all the help though... :D

I have put settings as suggested by u in Dr.TCP and beleive me my Sify Broadband is slower than ever.Can anybody tell me how to revert back to win xp default settings???PLZ get me out of it

Sorry to say, u are mistaken. Sify connection might be temporarily slow...Also, sify has a reputation to go slow and crappy !

Originally posted by boygr8@May 30 2005, 09:25 PM
I have put settings as suggested by u in Dr.TCP and beleive me my Sify Broadband is  slower than ever.

Can anybody tell me how to revert back to win xp default settings???

PLZ get me out of it
[snapback]10573[/snapback]
[/quote]

If u want to revert back to your orignal settings then erase all the changes you have made in Dr.tcp (and make all values in Dr.Tcp similar to those that existed originally after the donwlaod). Then save the settings and reboot your system then you are done with

You can view the change (before and after ) here...

www.dslreports.com/tweak

Take the test. (U can check out the recommendations listed after taking the test......wont work out usually)

And another piece of advice....The tweaking settings were for those users who have an ADSL connection and sify is no way near that ADSL mark . so the next time you try changing some settings make sure they are compatible with your ISP

I didnt back up the original settings.......can u plz tell me the original settings....plz plz

Poor Sify guy...Why did u take chance on Sify ?I had started the thread for DataOne users.If you were not sure, why did u apply the tweak man ?

"caveat emptor" or so the saying goes, something like that?MWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Back