Recommend a router for Cable Internet Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Narcos
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3,768
why would you pay for a whole year without testing it first like for 3 months ?

speed really depends upon your location, check with other lco too

Ask your lco which modem/router he is providing and for how much

Last edited:
^ Bangalore/Mangalore area. Similar plans should be available all over India!.

ftth is really not the norm, 100Mb/s 150GB @ 700+GST pm is a very generous plan only available in some parts of India

FTTH isn't really required for 100Mbps, but ofcourse would be preferred. Case in point is Excitel, they do it via the LCO.

yeah but still excitel has not managed to cover even all parts of Delhi, so that kind of speed is available only in few areas specially at reasonable price

why would you pay for a whole year without testing it first like for 3 months ?

speed really depends upon your location, check with other lco too

Ask your lco which modem/router he is providing and for how much

There is a testing period of 5 days :) not 3 months like you suggested.. He is not providing any modem/router, I have to purchase it. The pricing I mentioned only includes wiring....

He is suggesting you pay for a month or two first before committing for an entire year.

In fact never commit for an entire year. Prefer to pay on a monthly basis.

anyhow. you would need to get some details about the hardware required for the same. i assume he would need a device with a WAN port with PPPOE support. This means that you would most likely need a wireless router with ethernet ports. There are tons of options in all kinds of budgets. So post a budget as well after confirming if that's what your internet guy needs to deliver the services at your place.

if your lco provider use Ethernet wire you can just connect it directly to your pc and later buy a router, if directly connecting to pc do not works then you can ask you lco to suggest a modem model no or post pic of your cable and ask for suggestions here.

Back