• Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 11,527

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
This is for Gurgaon which I guess comes under Delhi NCR region. Current plan 249 which has:

The bill comes to around 800 rupees every month. Is this the best plan available or I could switch to something better?

Vodafone has pretty crappy plans for the general public. Company specific corporate plans are really good.

Get something from the retention deptt, maybe?

Reliance one india 599 plan would suit u better, if you can port to, maybe voda could offer u something similar.

You could try for 30p/min for all calls. Unlikely though. Standard Vodafone rate is 50p all calls. In any case, don't fall for the fake corporate plans they offer to retention customers.

I pay around 700-800 to rcom for the same usage plus 2GB data. Have switched to OneRate599, expecting a slight reduction in the bill :D

Though, assuming this is for your dad, rcom 599 won't be worth it since he won't use the data.

Right. I ported from Reliance CDMA to Vodafone to get him a decent handset. Not sure if Reliance GSM is worth porting back to. The official Vodafone postpaid plans are shite. The one he has looks way better.

Yep, was just about to post this - https://shop.vodafone.in/shop/traiDocs/del_postpaid.pdf
For rcom, if you've got the patience, take a look at network.rcom.co.in
Airtel MyPlan would be another option, perhaps. Only that the free minutes don't include calls to landlines (charged at 50p)

RIM GSM is bullshit in many circles so it should be avoided.
Romaing on it would be a nightmare, and so is the signal strength even in busy cities.
Vodafone has crap plans on public display and cream pie on corporate in NCR, so a simple porting SMS might get you a plan which
you always wanted but was never able to see on the website.

Back