Recommend modem for 8/10 Mbps plans

• Thread starter Thread starter svagyan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 7,629
As for the wireless router, what is your budget and how much area do you want to cover?

Not more that 4-4.5k
Area to cover is about 1500 sqft.

This is rough representation. Very rough representation.

Oabdngv.png

The red spot is router position.

Yellow region ( inner side of the curve ) is low to almost no wifi reception. Sometimes connects with very low reception or sometimes doesn't reach at all.

Ok. So switched over to 8mbps. Using MTNL Binatone CPE.

qhG8Omi.png

3807882924.png

Any way of getting full 8mbps?

Guys is MTNL working? I am in chembur area and since 8 pm i am getting red light on Internet Led. I resetted the router and did the configurations again. Still same problems. Anybody facing same in Mumbai?

Looks like an issue. A couple of my friends in Chembur are having exactly the same issue, while my net is up. Are you on the main Chembur exchange? I'm on that and all seems well.

Oh i see! My brother had installed Hamachi at 7 pm. I saw a virtual LAN created. I thought maybe its due to that the problem is happening. I uninstalled Hamachi and still internet is down. I guess i am on chembur exchange at chembur naka coz i registered it there only. And the telephone wires box is in front of my house only.

Hamachi wouldn't cause the internet LED to turn red. Right. All those facing issues are new users with @a usernames. Complain online and sit tight :P

Back