Recommendation for compatible ont

• Thread starter Thread starter talk2g
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 749
ISP
bsnl fttp
Want to buy a ont/router which will work with bsnl. I have minimal knowledge about these things.
In the past, had this khwahish ont installed for 3500 which had wifi and lan ports builtin.
The interface was usable but very old and lacking some features.

I would like to know a couple of things.

1)How can i know the compatibility of an ont selling in Amazon/fk wrt bsnl.

2) the cheapest one that i can buy and will work.
(This will be running a basic 20-30mbps connection )

3)The one which gives best bang for buck and i should buy if i plan to use 100mbps plan in future ,should come with good software support.

IMG-20240925-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20240925-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20240925-WA0003.jpg

Last edited:
TP-Link XZ000-G7 will work with BSNL but you'll have to get a separate router with it and get the MAC binding reset.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I assume this is an "ONU" which supports both EPON and GPON?
I think bsnl uses epon most of the times,but i may be wrong.
How can i do the mac reset?

You need to talk to your local BSNL technician for the MAC reset and yes, this particular one is an XPON ONU, which supports both EPON as well as GPON.

@talk2g get a different onu and a router generally the ones that has both are not good quality wise

for onu you can ge the above one which trikona suggested or get Huawei hg8210c from indimart search it up should cost not more than 700-800
and get a decent router from TP-Link or any brand.

@MrGordon from where did you buy yours Digisol onu please guide

It has a FXS port so phone should work. And if you want a no-frills dual-band ONT approved by your LCO, then sure, go ahead and buy this🙂↕️

@tr1k0N4 Yeah, it would be for basic usage like office work & no gaming stuff. Do you have any other suggestions? I'm going for the lco recommended cause they said TP-Link ont's won't work with their olt & are not TEC certified. Bsnl has been sending me this message for a few months now to change the lco provided ont as it's vulnerable to security attacks to avoid disconnection. Btw, I hope this allows pppoe bridging so it can be lan connected to my D-Link router.

Back