Recommended Google Android Apps

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 61,463
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's not as simple as you think. It supports a wide variety of FM chipsets and I guess it's not easy to port FM to custom ROMs probably due to proprietary stuffs etc. Quote from the description of Spirit FM Radio app on Google Play.

I understand the prices may seem high, but this is a niche app with a high tech support burden. The gracious support of customers keep Spirit alive and improving.

How many other "Real FM Radio" apps are on Google Play ? Two: 1 for Galaxy S only and one repackaged Motorola app.

Why ? It's extremely difficult. Google doesn't support FM radio and carriers suppress it. Intensive reverse engineering is required.
Almost 2 years after Spirit was first created, nobody else has been "crazy" enough to attempt to compete in this niche. :)

Try playing with the settings, maybe it would fix the issue mentioned by you.

Don't know whether this is the right place... usual cellular phones, especially some 3-4 year old ones have a option to switch phone to silent,normal,sleep,switch off etc. i want to switch my android to sleep mode, but i don't find any option for it.So, is there any app that can help me with this.

there is no sleep mode on android. there is an airplane mode that shuts down all radios.
nope, thats not what i want. i want wifi to be ON, but the mobile network should either be switched off or should be in sleep mode. Sleep mode is where the missed calls appear in call logs. But that is a great feature available in traditional phones. i suppose some apps provide these features. Anyone using?

Android phone when switched to airplane mode switches off wifi.but u can click on wifi icon again. and it will keep phone in airplane mode but enable wifi.same for bluetooth.

seems to work for me. but the calls would not be logged as missed. unless he is using a service where his carrier alerts him about missed calls through sms etc... he would not find out who called him when he was in this particular mode.

seems to work for me. but the calls would not be logged as missed. unless he is using a service where his carrier alerts him about missed calls through sms etc... he would not find out who called him when he was in this particular mode.

to get miss call records (in phone logs) u need to keep phone network on. So sleep mode is nothing but kind of silent mode which rejects each call.

earlier version of android had this option of "reject all calls". i am sure a simple app can do this easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back