Reddit on ACT Fibrenet

man this reminds me... their warp rollout is so slow. no idea if they underestimated demand or have forgotten about it.
cloudflare has also not added new tlds to their domain platform in a long time.
fresh domain registration is still not available.
they keep on launching new things while the old things are not rolled out properly.

forum shows ESNI plaintext for me

it should show encrypted even with chrome right ?

nope. chrome does not support ESNI. firefox would show encrypted if doh and esni are enabled on it. by default, it remains plaintext.

i can think of a few reasons... they don't care for one lol. torrent sites are more likely to implement it as they are the ones who try to get around blocks. second reason is lack of browser support. chrome does not have it yet. firefox does not have it enabled by default. third reason is that right now only way to get ESNI is to get on cloudflare. sites which are not already on cloudflare probably have good reasons for that. i have googled around and there seems to be no package out there to add support for esni directly on your own web server. if a site is on cloudflare, it gets esni by default. there is not even an option to opt-out.

google has not added support for it because they are not yet satisfied with the standard itself. esni i believe does not require doh. but firefox implemented it in such a way that it does not work on it without doh. chrome developers plan to add support for it before the end of the year from what i remember reading. remains to be seen.

and of course... firefox's implementation is not making people happy. they added cloudflare dns inside browser. firefox loyalists do not like this as they believe cloudflare should not get data related to their browsing activity. plus when cloudflare had issues few days ago, apparently their doh server also suffered downtime. which meant that firefox lost major functionality depending upon the TRR setting in DoH configuration lol.

i think we are going to hear a lot about this in the coming times. ESNI is going to make governments around the world unhappy. this is a pretty big deal.

hmm. office pc could have some sort of restrictions though it seems unlikely as doh is a relatively new tech. corporates are definitely not going to like the combo of doh+ESNI because it also makes your online activity invisible to their IT department. you can basically use your office machine to upload company documents to a private server and there would be nothing in their logs to check.

might be worth trying to run portable firefox from a pen drive and see if you can get doh on it to work.
It’s my own small office. I am the owner/administrator here.

• LOL
Reactions: Smh
i can think of a few reasons... they don't care for one lol.
they care both have added alternate domains to bypass ban just like torrents. PH has .net ext and xvid added 2 in their domain x...vid2.com (I never had to use them because I never got blocked notice)

torrent sites are more likely to implement it as they are the ones who try to get around blocks. second reason is lack of browser support. chrome does not have it yet. firefox does not have it enabled by default. third reason is that right now only way to get ESNI is to get on cloudflare. sites which are not already on cloudflare probably have good reasons for that. i have googled around and there seems to be no package out there to add support for esni directly on your own web server. if a site is on cloudflare, it gets esni by default. there is not even an option to opt-out.

google has not added support for it because they are not yet satisfied with the standard itself. esni i believe does not require doh. but firefox implemented it in such a way that it does not work on it without doh. chrome developers plan to add support for it before the end of the year from what i remember reading. remains to be seen.
lack of support by chrome and because its not fully developed could be valid reasons. Using cloudflare to use esni is a weird requirement. :confused: Google is also testing their 8.8.8.8 dns DOH version so when esni starts coming enabled by default and it becomes possible to actually implement esni without cloudflare lol it will be adopted widely.

and of course... firefox's implementation is not making people happy. they added cloudflare dns inside browser. firefox loyalists do not like this as they believe cloudflare should not get data related to their browsing activity. plus when cloudflare had issues few days ago, apparently their doh server also suffered downtime. which meant that firefox lost major functionality depending upon the TRR setting in DoH configuration lol.
yeah I use CF dns with simple dns and my internet stopped working but it was just for few minutes. Is there any alternative to CF dns for DOH ?

Back