• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 7,548
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance
Hi,
I recently upgraded my plan to Thunder Combo 549 which promises speed of 1Mbps, but speedtest.net results show speed of no more than 0.81 Mbps. Also, I get around 95 KB/s for normal download and around 92 KB/s for torrents. Is this normal?
Moreover, I cannot access my Billion router login page. A workaround will be helpful.

Thanks.

Technically speaking ISPs in India have to provide just 80% of the package speeds. Reliance usually end up providing worse.

Upgrade to 2mbps UL then. People get lucky with their ISPs all the freaking time. This does not mean that it is an official feature that is available to everyone.

To access your router page. Go the connection properties in your system and set your IP as something like 192.168.1.10 . then type 192.168.1.1 in the browser to access router settings.

x720 said:
To access your router page. Go the connection properties in your system and set your IP as something like 192.168.1.10 . then type 192.168.1.1 in the browser to access router settings.
Thank you. I could finally open up my router page. These are my upstream/ downstream. Are these ok?

Also are there any specific settings i should look forward to?

Downstream sync is 1024 and hence there is no room for overhead, as result you won't be able to achieve 1mbps. Reliance as usual won't budge. So, do this, get the 2mbps plan and then downgrade to the 1mbps. Should have you set :D
chromaniac said:
SNR Margin looks fantastic :D
:D :P

Throughout the day, couldn't get more than 90 KB/s. Speed test results have only turned out be worse.

Are you guys sure that downstream rate is the bottleneck?

Your downstream rate ensures that you'll get around 0.7-0.8 mbps. However, 0.5mbps is most likely due to cogestion in reliance's network that has been well documented in other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back