Reliance Big TV DTH: DO NOT GO FOR LONG DURATION PLANS

• Thread starter Thread starter swamisant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 11,611

swamisant

ISP
BSNL Home 500+, BSNL EVDO
Please do not opt for any long duration packs as the money is deducted at the time of activation and you can not change pack till the duration is over. For monthly packs money is deducted on daily basis hence they are better. I opted for starter 3 for one year last month & since Big TV came up with better plans I wanted to upgrade to Gold/Platinum pack for one year. The CC told me that if I want to do so I will lose my money which I paid earlier and will have to pay full amount for the new plan. When I activated the starter 3 for one year plan CC told me that money will deducted on daily basis hence I opted for that. Now CC is saying that its their bullsh*t policy. When I asked CC to mail the policy, she said its another policy that they can not mail the policy and its available on icare. But I had checked icare just before calling & I told that there no such information about one time deduction on icare she said she will find out & call me back. Her name was Zebi Khan, who is supposed to be a Team Leader(My call was escalated to her after 35 minutes of hold!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:). I told her that I was promised call back 6 months ago & till date have not received any call back. she said I should have trust :eek: in her & she will call back for sure before 6PM on 19th Sep. Again there was no callback hence I called CC again on 20th Sept at 2PM. This time I spoke with a person named Azhar, who promised a call back from Mr Manish Pandit, who is supposed to be a manager:sneaky2: before 6PM on the same day.And the story continued, again I did not receive any call back . Again I called CC. The person first told me an incorrect self name, then corrected it:eek:.And to be my surprise he was the floor supervisor. I told him instead of waiting for Mr Pandit's call, give me his email ID. I will mail him & wait for the reply. He rejected that. He asked me my smart card number. I asked the name of the person I talked with on 20th sept. He said I did not called on 20th. Although I have all calls recorded.:p.And here I am again waiting for a call back. Is there any way to escalate this? I am also planning to move to consumer court.The bottom line is confirm all the details before you opt for any pack & also dont go for long duration packs. If some better pack is announced you will feel bad as I am.

This is very bad on you:wall: it may happenned to others also but they did not tell .you are right :thumbsup:do not go for long duration packs if you want to change within that period.

This is very bad, But i thnk it happens in bigtv only. As when any company launched new packs and discontinued all their old pack then your package will upgrade according to your previous package Like if you have subscribed for max paxk then with new package you will move to the max pack only.

My experience has been even worse. I was on South Delight for the first year. Then I have asked for long term (1 yr) of South Delight. Instead they said only South Starter is available right now as there is no South Delight any more. I paid them the Rs. 2230 for 1 yr of South Starter. Later I came to know that they have launched South Delight for Rs. 2316. I have confirmed by email that the channels I would additionally are Star plus, Sony Entertainment and Star Cricket.They were not willing to take the difference about Rs. 86 and move me to South Delight. Instead they made me pay the full Rs 2316 activated South Delight and then refunded the balance amount on my South Starter. So far so good.On the day we had the champions trophy match India Vs PAK Star Cricket was deactivated. When I shouted at them they first told me that there was some satellites issues blah blah blah. After more shouting and some choicest expletives later, I was told that I will get Star Cricket in 15 minutes. I got in 2 minutes. The problem is that instead of solving the problem the ******* activated Start Cricket a-la-carte package without my permission.Now they tell me that Star cricket is no longer in the South Delight Long duration pack. In fact they have discontinued South delight long duration. To add to these problems, I have two connections and it is become troublesome to get the second one on multi STB. The same problem exists for one of my friends too. I am now planning to go to consumer forum.This whole saga has been going on since August. I have no clue on what basis they are money from my account.

I think the dream of having DTH in india is going to blast off because what i think is cablewala is better now.Not because of anything else but they dont charge to fix their own problems.In DTH, use it for 1 year and as soon as your warranty period expires; they will start charging "service fees" even if you lodge a complaint to CC for their own (STB, Dish or any other) problems!!!What a logic? We have to pay them to send their own employees to fix their own problems? (even we paid to buy their hardware already)!!!

Same here. I opted for the south bronze and paid 1300. Today I called CC and after so many buttons and waits, finally got a guy. He said the south bronze is 1268 and he will activate it for my STB. Asked to have the STB on. It was morning 7am. I had my STB on till noon, and till now I dont see ti activated in the myaccount. Trying to get their CC on phone and you know how it is.Stupid guys, dont have a working CC number and hwo are they running such a firm?

That's how indian companies operate. To run a successful business in India, you dont need to have any business/management education. What you need is just 1 thing - MONEY & POWER through which you can shut off anyone's mouth and you can cheat/fraud customers and make profits.Welcome to Reliance ADAG's INDIA.------Anyway, keep calling CC. One fine day they will pick up and you will get the things working.(Just a suggestion - by the way, if you are not able to see it updated in your STB then i think their STB function is already having problem of updating account balance details. you better call CC and ask about your existing pack and balance. they would tell you the exact scenario).

This happened to me (Digital TV) as it was new to the platform. I don't compared to other dth & bought simply. The problem is i opted for south value pack (1 year). by paying 2000 rs.There is no great channels like Discovery,NGC,Animal Planet,Star Movies,HBO,ESPN, STAR SPORTS,ZEE SPORTS...No good top ups too... The channels available are the FTA channels like on DD Direct+ & some south channels. Our cable operator provides more value channels for just 100 p.mnearly 100 channels for Rs 100/-. Also i am unable to change to other package like south mega pack since my current pack will expire & i have to pay 2500 again.OMG... NO good tamil channels too...I have resisted for nearly 6 months & they have added it one by one. Also the channels available with other dth is not available here. The channels like pogo,Sahara one,pix,cartoon network,sab are pay channels in digital TV but my cable wala gives for 100pm.They advertised by 175+ channels at the start,but not even 130 channels in digital tv at the initial. No tamil ppv etc. Not like other DTH digital tv is just adding channels one by one. So now i plan to move to big tv or digital cable which has more channels & cost is very less. In the base pack itself it contains some value channels. So be careful in selecting digital tv packages.

Back