Reliance BIG TV in Kuala Lumpur

• Thread starter Thread starter rickin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,186

rickin

ISP
Tata ADSL
Hi Folks, I hope experts out here might be able to help me. I am no guru with DTH services, so may be with the information I have, you could help me out. I have a reliance BIG TV STB activated in India. In my appartment, there is already an Astro-Malaysia's Dish set up. BIG TV and Astro both uses the same satelite "Measet 3 91.5E" Should this be a straight forward swap of removing Astro box, and plugging in Big TV's STB and everything should work like a charm... ? That is what I thought, but it is not the case. I get a symbol of missing satelite connection when I turn my TV on using BIG TV's STB. Do I have to make any changes to my STB ? as in frequency n stuff to get this to work ? Any help would be very appreciated :) Regards,Rickin

It won't work. You need a bigger dish.

The dish here is already a 90cm dish (not measured but it is bigger than the normal dish we have for single user). I shall try again tomorrow by ensure I have connected everything tightly, but if you think I need to do any changes then kindly let me know.Thanks again for your help in this matter :)Best regards,Rickin

Both DTH working at same direction so you not need to make any changes in Dish setting. If you have active BIG TV STB then just put it, channels will starts automatically.

You need a minimum 180 cm dish size ( KU Band single dish not mesh type) and a 0.1 db LNB to get the signals.The current setup wont workRgdsMVC:cool2:

Hmmm... :( Allright, so I guess I have to give up on this.Thanks a lot fellas with your suggestions...Just a quick one, any other STB from India would work ? Tata Sky/ Airtel/ Dish TV/ DD/ any..... The problem here is I dont have my private dish so I have to use the MEASAT-3, same as Astro in Malaysia

You need to have a private dish ( dedicated feed to your receiver)Any receiver with any card if thats your question then its No.Any DTH provider will work - It depends on the beam strength in your location. I guess Big tv and Sun are the strongest followed by Airtel:wall:

Back