Reliance Broadband has only one plan for new customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance Broadband+
Somehow, i got chance to talk to broadband team. They told that they have only one plan( 1 Mbps unlimited download @2200/- pm). I could not understand what they are trying to achieve by not offering other plans to new customers. What a looser. Now i am forced to use hathway ( i know it sucks . lemme try then vent anger here). Tata indicomm BTS is overloaded and Airtel is not feasible as of npw( they are promising in Mid Jan ) and BSNL will (i didnt confirm yet) take months for new connection. I live in HSR layout Sector-1 in Bngalore.

Useless Reliance is short of Wimax dish supply, so they offer only one plan, which I was forced to buy, because there are no other players here at Vasai. BSNL here sucks bigtime, because its works 10 minutes every few hours. I'm paying 2199+10.3% tax for this 3rd rate connection from Reliance and it has not worked properly for 10 days in the under 3 weeks I have had the connection! Also it is not 1Mbps, its 1000kbps, out of which at mostly you get 800kbps. (20% less than what you pay for and its perfectly alright as per our useless TRAI/DOT rules).Best of luck.

Dear Shailesh/Praveen I am unable to understand your issues. Shailesh,There are two plans on wimax and many more on wireline broadband,and if feasibility is there all the plans are open for consumers.I think there is some gap. I might be of help if you can provide me entire details. Praveen,If wimax is short of Subscribes ststions(dish) then they wont be able to provide any plan to you infact there won't eb any connectivity.I feel again some gap is here. Please provide with entire details.might eb able to help.

Praveen,
If wimax is short of Subscribes ststions(dish) then they wont be able to provide any plan to you infact there won't eb any connectivity.I feel again some gap is here. Please provide with entire details.might eb able to help.

Hi Priyan,

Availability of dishes from Telsima has become a problem since they supply to Reliance as well as Tata. This is a fact I found out from websites, Reliance's agents and sales persons. Earlier, Reliance has incurred losses on expensive equipment trying to sell plans of 150kbps and the like. That meant that their breakeven is pushed even further. So, they have started selling only 2199+tax 1000kbps plans which now is possibly 1.2Mbps on new plans. This brings the breakeven closer for them.

I hope this is clearer. I checked up with Reliance, they are unwilling to change my plan to 600kbps or 400kbps and the price has come down to 1499 only on wireline, not wimax (which they call wirefree). They are unwilling to provide proper service, all my complaints are closed within 24 hrs without actually doing anything. My upload rates have reduced to 20kBps (160kbps) due to which my p2p download rates have also hit 160kbps on a 1000kbps bleed-your-pocket plan.

Is it possible at all that you can help now? Any help will be useful. Even getting back my refund or getting me proper speeds. Anything... cheers man.

I cant promise anything but i will try my level best. Please provide me with your subscriber id and any complaint numbers,i will get the thing checked for speed issues.

I cant promise anything but i will try my level best. Please provide me with your subscriber id and any complaint numbers,i will get the thing checked for speed issues.

Thanks Priyan,

There's a lot of variation in speeds on an instantaneous basis. Upload speed never goes up. Download keeps on dropping to near dialup. I've checked on pingtest.net and there is heavy packet loss ranging from 0%, 10% to 96%! That, I suspect, is the reason for inconsistent, low quality connection. This I've already complained across following complaint nos.

Complaint nos:
--8th dec: didn't note complaint no
--11th dec: IVR 0912878785, telecon ref id 1533861707 with Mr. Gaurav
--12th/13th dec: 115149700 with Ms. Meszabian (closed without anything and lied on record that engineer visited my premises!)
--14th dec: 115208777 with Floor Supervisor Ms. Naina (complaint on above complaint no.)
--18th dec: 115434048 with Mr. Stephen, tried to downgrade connection speed to 400kbps plan since no speed was available. He accepted the request, but plan change rejected on follow up some days later!
--23 dec: 115831699 with Mr. Abhijeet, speed reduced further to 10kBps to 24kBps!
--24th dec: 115883743 with Ms. Nikita, follow up with floor supervisor Ms. Zeenat who committed to keep complaint open till issues are fixed permanently; complaint closed on 25th dec! Rapid action team members Mssrs. Mukim, Praful, Amit) followed up, while engineer Mr. Bhagirath visited on 27th dec and said that installation done is wrong on terrace parapet, raised the antenna 5-6 feet and installed "properly" on water pipe in the afternoon! Problem still didn't get resolved. Connection failed in one hour losing DHCP IP allocations again, got IP low speeds by night again!
--27th dec: 116077253 new complaint raised for initial endless issues again.
--28th dec: 116110960 with floor supervisor Mr. Sanjeev. He put back the rapid action team in action again. Engineer Mr. Arun visited. I demonstrated the 96% packet loss grade F and over 100% packet loss grade B service check on pingtest.net to him. Ping delays and fluctuations were huge. He said that the download speed was instantaneously 800kbps. Upload speed was crawling at 160kbps way below broadband limits! He couldn't solve it, assumed it is BTS problem and said that he will report it to Reliance.

Problem remains unsolved till now, I will raise another complaint no. today. My life with Reliance Wimax has become full of complaints. I want at least 30 days of uninterrupted service of 800-1000kbps that I paid in advance for. Else I need a refund of the full amount of 2426+500 installation. I'm really fed up with being cheated.

Thanks,
--praveen

@ Praveen,
Do not give your USER ID on the forum.
Just PM your USER ID to Priyan.

Thx, Saurabh.. corrected.

Hey Priyan, I WAS interested in wimax connection as landline connection is not feasible in my area. Can you try calling Reliance CC and ask for new Wimax connection ? They are offering one one plan to new customers. I dont have 2K for internet so i abandoned DSL/Wimax connection and gone for cable modem from Hathway. As of now,i am quite happy with it.

Reliance sucks big time..im suffering since the last 4 months....and Priyan please dnt even attmept to tell anyone that u can do anything abt it coz no at reliance cc cares for the customers....

My complaint nos whch i had with me for loss of service for 5 days in september have been wiped off the system..the CC team has the gall to tell me that the billing team wont be giving me line rental reversal as Billing team has mentioned it on the account ...the billing team has not made any reference to any complaint nos & date of complaint...teh customer care claims dat they dnt have the Complaint nos on my account notes but the billing team has it.CC team calims that they cant view the customer complanints which are 3 months old...that says a lot for their customer resolution attitude.....how diabolical can you get?

@praveen: i agree man reliance is so screwed up with finances due to their GSM launch & expansion plans that they dont have the bandwidth to develop new tariff plans....i bet no one is signing up for new connections with Reliance...the service has really deteriorated since the last 3 months...Its just that reliance is concenetratin on areas where they know other ISPs are not having a good presence...Me just waiting for TATA/Airtel to launch in my area...

Priyan, if u think u can really help let me know i will give u the entire synopsis of my issues with reliance...

REgards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back