• Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 10,807
Status
Not open for further replies.

paradox167

ISP
BSNL BROADBAND
Hello everyone,

I am an existing customer of BSNL fed up with a non-working internet connection:mad: and a customer support that doesn't pick up calls for 2 weeks.:madness:

I have a few questions regarding Reliance Broadband connection -

1. Does Reliance have (UN)Fair Usage Policy in their plans?
Night Booster Zoom1 [Day 1Mbps/ Night 2Mbps] for 1499p.m?

2. Do i have to login with userid and password to access internet every time i restart my modem and/or computer?

3. Are there any stability issues that you faced with Reliance connections?

If you can answer my questions that would be really helpful.Thank you :redface:

P.S. - I searched the forum but did not find any suitable answers, thats why i created a new thread.http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wired_postpaidplans.html

no FUPthey have a WEB LOGIN which people say is very annoying and some people have to try more than one time to enterReliance broadband is stable but if any time it goes down the Customer care is supposed to badfor BSNL,you don't have to login again and again if you buy a router as far as i know

They log you out every 24hours. Web login page sometimes gets unresponsive(requires you to call them up to reset it). CC is clueless about everything. I used wimax when it was first launched...and it underwent many teething problems. Once it was down for 15 days. Most problems shouldve been sorted now.

Thanks guys for replying...Do they provide a modem or can we use the modem provided by BSNL?Have you tried PPPoverEthernet [PPPoE] settings? It does not require you to login everytime you switch on the modem.....Does that mean if i am downloading torrents, i will be logged out after 24 hrs automatically?

i also need to know thisHave you tried PPPoverEthernet [PPPoE] settings? It does not require you to login everytime you switch on the modem.....Does that mean if i am downloading torrents, i will be logged out after 24 hrs automatically?

as far as i know they dont use PPPoE method and use a webpage to login which is crap ..and yes u do get logged off after 24 hours and have to re login again ..

i also need to know this
Have you tried PPPoverEthernet [PPPoE] settings? It does not require you to login everytime you switch on the modem.....

Does that mean if i am downloading torrents, i will be logged out after 24 hrs automatically?

they have a web page login not simple PPOPE,yet you can connect a router and use over multiple devices

and 24hrs logoff is only if nothing has been download in the last 24hrs

No the 24hour reset does not have anything to do with your usage. It will log you out regardless of whether you are downloading or not. Very annoying when you are in the middle of something important.There are some pearlscript programs that allow you to log back in automatically. Having said that, dont try programs from unknown sites as they may contain spyware.

how is Reliance BB in Gurgaon? Anyone from gurgaon with any feedback? I'm considering switching from airtel to reliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back