Reliance GPRS Charges

• Thread starter Thread starter srikanthuk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 19,437
Status
Not open for further replies.
All Indians are definitely sunshine to you and for all these companies.

No point arguing with me on this forum. Market is determining the prices which are perfect fit for Indian conditions.

I have myself worked for a leading cellular telecom company here in India in their Finance & MIS department, when the prices were Rs36/ minute outgoing + PSTN charges up until they fell down to Rs2/minute with free incoming.
I don't need your sermons. Market factors decide. If companies are finding trouble breaking even or making profit, they are always free to pack they bags.

Just as water finds its own natural path towards the lower levels, so too businesses / companies move towards places/ countries where prospects exists. They won't stay if they are genuinely incurring losses or to do charity to India.

Problem with you people is you earn & live in India, but brains are out of the country.

Now. Some stuff relevant to the topic. I'd been downloading a 400mb, after the downloaded ended, I realised rcom had deducted 800mb from my account. Now, when I'm observing the data transfer , it seems tgat mobile partner counts 2 mbs for each MB I download and so does rcom. I'm in a fix.

All Indians are definitely sunshine to you and for all these companies.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but ok.

No point arguing with me on this forum. Market is determining the prices which are perfect fit for Indian conditions.

Fair enough, but why then are all the Indian telcos calling to be allowed to increase the prices? Have they determined their positions to be untenable? I think so.

I have myself worked for a leading cellular telecom company here in India in their Finance & MIS department, when the prices were Rs36/ minute outgoing + PSTN charges up until they fell down to Rs2/minute with free incoming.

Frankly, doesn't mean much unless you were a higher-up and know the cost of operation.

I don't need your sermons. Market factors decide. If companies are finding trouble breaking even or making profit, they are always free to pack they bags.

The companies complaining loudest are not foreign.

Just as water finds its own natural path towards the lower levels, so too businesses / companies move towards places/ countries where prospects exists. They won't stay if they are genuinely incurring losses or to do charity to India.

Again, the companies complaining loudest are not foreign. Is it any wonder that Airtel has become so interested in Africa all of a sudden? Is it any wonder that the markup on data is several thousand percent? Could they be offsetting voice tariffs? I think so.

Problem with you people is you earn & live in India, but brains are out of the country.

Oh really? If my brain was operating like a typical telecom exec, I'd be trying to charge Rs50k+ a month for my most basic connection - like Primetel India does.

My brain, however, is definitely in India and when pricing my product took in to consideration that the average consumer can't pay that much, but also that I would be deep in the sh*t if I charged a more typical Rs500 a month - so came up with a nice compromise. But that's just my own example, I'm sure I could cite more.

Besides, is it really so bad that people might try to bring ideas that originated abroad to India? People like you are only too happy to trumpet success when an Indian does something great abroad, why not the other way around? I'm sure if my goals are achieved my country will trumpet my success too.

i don't think it is case of excess billing by rcom. I had a similar problem about 3 years ago with bsnl adsl. it was actually a minor config error which doubled my heart beat too, for a shortwhile. It was rectified soon. guess you should check if you have got your IP / proxy configuration correct.

Without going into details of my association with telecom company, let me tell you, I was very much THE person doing all these calculations / financial modelling and reporting directly to top mgt. No tariff plan gets launched without weighing its viability.I have already some info that voice calls are going to be totally free in the near future in India. Existing telecom companies will depend on data services for revenue, which could again drive down prices the way voice calls have gone. So existing data players (ISPs), I guess you too would get a shock if you continue with the present mindset. thank me for this advance information & make your calculations accordingly. :-)

Without going into details of my association with telecom company, let me tell you, I was very much THE person doing all these calculations / financial modelling and reporting directly to top mgt. No tariff plan gets launched without weighing its viability.

How old are you?

I have already some info that voice calls are going to be totally free in the near future in India. Existing telecom companies will depend on data services for revenue, which could again drive down prices the way voice calls have gone.

It's already going that way.

So existing data players (ISPs), I guess you too would get a shock if you continue with the present mindset. thank me for this advance information & make your calculations accordingly. :-)

Only if they charge reasonably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back