• Thread starter Thread starter netuser123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,006

netuser123

I got banned!
ISP
Reliance JioFi (4G)
As all of you know Reliance Jio has launched Rs399 plan. I am curious about what other ISPs are doing to maintain their customer base.
Which ISP in your opinion has launched an attractive plan which can compete with Jio's 399 plan ?

In Kolkata GTPL KCBPL (sister concern of GTPL gujrat), provide cheapest plan among all local isp. I use 25 Mbps Up/down Unlimited Rs 380 (in.gst). But experiance with local isp is not great. I use alliance kolkata, wishnet and right now GTPL since 2013. Local opeator's are not acknowledge of networking basic, they just work on basis of Trial - error. Jio install Fiber DP box at front of my house, my neighbours are using jio. I soon move after end of recharge period of GTPL.

@sudipta chatterjee
In my area there are 2 LCOs in total & they offer SITI Broadband & Hathway respectively. I used SITI broadband for like 2 years but the speed was very poor. I haven't tried Hathway.

Hathway backed by Jio, i heared Hathway customer support is very poor. Hathway provide two type of connection in Kolkata, 1) Hathway 2) h-fiber(this is local operator based)

Hathway now using jio backend network.

If jio available, then move with jio is better option.

@netuser123 SITI is worst isp, none of the users of SITI says I am satisfied. SITI, PMPL, WISH NET are the top three worst isp those who extremely oversell bandwidth and traffic heavily inbound. One of wishnet engineer said, their network traffic maximum utilization of 10G port of Extreme ix.

@netuser123 Alliance also same as local other isp in kolkata. some zone of alliance better but overall poor. All local isp face heat after jio new plan launch with ott and 30 trial. They can't increase price but they provide some bunch of useless ott..

## Don't look speed and discount offer by local isp, ultimately they are crap.

If you are very basic users and download only torrent, they go for local isp. But for serious work, work from home etc go with top isp.

Back