Reliance Thunder Plans Delhi, Recent review ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Workaholic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 27,249
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
MTNL
Hey guys,
I m from east delhi, shakarpur area to be precise .. Have been using Mtnl Broadband 512 kbps unlimited plan for last 2-3 yrs .. But since last couple months its been giving me problems ... after many days of downtime and unlimited complaints i decided to switch my ISP ..
The reliance Thunder plans seems very good .. Planning to get 2mbps unlimited Thunder Plan ..
Have gone through a couple of threads in this forum and reliance seems to be getting mixed reviews .. For some people its working fine .. They are getting the same speed as promised and some are getting very low speeds .. i guess it depends on the area ..
So if someone in Delhi especially east delhi region could provide me with some info on the status of reliance broadband .. it would be very helpful ..
I dont do any online gaming .. Just a lot of downloading for work .. so speed is a very important factor ..
Also if there are any other local ISP's with 1-2 mbps speeds for cheap prices .. Please let me know ...

Get your mtnl line fixed instead :)

Even if i got it fixed somehow .. the speed is slow as hell .. 512 kbps :( .. and 2 mbps from reliance for the same price seems sweet ...

Went through a couple of threads already .. seems the problem depends on your locality .. like in pune people still arent getting full speeds but in kolkata its fine ..so wanted to figure out what are the problems in my area .. if someone using Reliance from delhi could post a current status .. that would help me decide whether to go with it or not ..

Workaholic said:
Went through a couple of threads already .. seems the problem depends on your locality .. like in pune people still arent getting full speeds but in kolkata its fine ..so wanted to figure out what are the problems in my area .. if someone using Reliance from delhi could post a current status .. that would help me decide whether to go with it or not ..
People on ADSL2+ would never get full speeds until and unless the sync rates are set little bit higher than the allotted speed. 1mbps and 2mbps plans get full speeds and the 4mbps plan max's out at 3.4mbps. On the other hand, people on ME are getting full throttle of the allotted DL/UL (1:1). I believe you being from NCR should be getting a ME connection and should work well.

Thanks buddy for the info ... that is good to hear .. Now if someone could just confirm about the average downtime of their service in the delhi region ... as in one of the threads i read a post by some guy who is from delhi and he got 40 days downtime in 2 months .. :(also what if i want to connect it to a wi-fi .. will it be giving problems like frequent disconnection or something .. ?

I am from East Delhi too. Reliance stays down all the time. If you call them for help, they say complaint is registered, issue will be resolved in 48 hours. In 2 days connections works - 1 day later it is down again. The Reliance executive who talked very sweet before installing the connection and took the cheque has blocked my mobile number. The girl in their Vaishali, Ghaziabad office (for East Delhi this is their office) talks in very insulting manner at very high voice.
Reliance is mistake. I have asked them to terminate the connection.
Going back to MTNL. Atleast they have educated trained staff and they resolve problems very quickly.

jagat is right me is also a victim of rel. the whole customer care department is fully trained to make people fool. i am from east delhi and i fed up by the attitude of the staff. me is also looking a fair company who provide excellent speed and reasonable price. if you get any one kindly suggest me also . currently me is using pacenet 1mbps plan unlimited Rs. 930. and the customer care is fine enough. they has many plans and if you want i will give you the number of the office .again if you have any better options plz refer to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back