• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,719
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicesachin

ISP
Reliance Wimax.
Guys Just spoke to the Rel customer care, regarding the issue I am facing. My download speed has been very low since morning. its 1 to 4 Kbps. They replied there is a Server updgradation going on National Level to fix this issue. :D. He told me that this problem will be fixed by 22nd December 9:30 AM. Are you guys also facing the same concern. My connection is 4 GB - Upto 2 MBPS download.

Hi nicesachin,You are not alone. Facing the same problem here.
Might take a few more days to resolve.

:(

Do post when the connection gets restored.
I'll do the same.

Anyone also facing DNS issues since day before ? I'm using open DNS temporarily, but it takes time to resolve..Without using Open DNS, i need to keep doing /flushdns for some sites to open.

I am still facing this problem ... it was supposed to be fixed by the 22nd ... and still its in a bad shape ... grrr ... 8

I am even facing similar problem
There is something I found.. I don't know its true or not..
"
There is nothing wrong with your internet.
Its a global problem.
Read On:
(FROM NEWS)
3 Major cables namely: Sea Me We3 partly, Sea Me We4 and FLAG have been cut at 7:28am, “7:33am and 8:06am respectively. All of these cables are located in the Mediterranean between Sicily and Tunisia. There's just something about undersea internet cables that seem to have them get severed in groups. The causes of these cables cut are not yet clear.

The internet traffic between Europe & Asia is highly affected. The workaround done for a while is that, the traffic has been rerouted through U.S.A. Though the traffic from Europe to Algeria & Tunisia is not affected. A first appraisal at 7:44 am UTC gave an estimate of the following impact on the voice traffic (in percentage of out of service capacity): Source

Saudi Arabia: 55% out of service
Djibouti: 71% out of service
Egypt: 52% out of service
United Arab Emirates: 68% out of service
India: 82% out of service
Lebanon: 16% out of service
Malaysia: 42% out of service
Maldives: 100% out of service
Pakistan: 51% out of service
Qatar: 73% out of service
Syria: 36% out of service
Taiwan: 39% out of service
Yemen: 38% out of service
Zambia: 62% out of service
Reports from France Telecom state that, they immediately alerted one of the two maintenance boats based in the Mediterranean area. This France Telecom Marine cable ship based at Seyne-sur-Mer has received its mobilization order early this afternoon and will cast off tonight at 3:00 am with 20 kilometers spare cable on board.

It should be on location on Monday morning for a relief mission. Priority will be given to the recovery of the Sea Me We4 cable, then on the Sea Me We3. By December 25th, Sea Me We4 could be operating. By December 31st, the situation should be back to normal"

3 undersea cable cuts hit India Net traffic

I am even facing similar problem
There is something I found.. I don't know its true or not..
"
There is nothing wrong with your internet.
Its a global problem.
Read On:
(FROM NEWS)
3 Major cables namely: Sea Me We3 partly, Sea Me We4 and FLAG have been cut at 7:28am, “7:33am and 8:06am respectively. All of these cables are located in the Mediterranean between Sicily and Tunisia. There's just something about undersea internet cables that seem to have them get severed in groups. The causes of these cables cut are not yet clear.

The internet traffic between Europe & Asia is highly affected. The workaround done for a while is that, the traffic has been rerouted through U.S.A. Though the traffic from Europe to Algeria & Tunisia is not affected. A first appraisal at 7:44 am UTC gave an estimate of the following impact on the voice traffic (in percentage of out of service capacity): Source

Saudi Arabia: 55% out of service
Djibouti: 71% out of service
Egypt: 52% out of service
United Arab Emirates: 68% out of service
India: 82% out of service
Lebanon: 16% out of service
Malaysia: 42% out of service
Maldives: 100% out of service
Pakistan: 51% out of service
Qatar: 73% out of service
Syria: 36% out of service
Taiwan: 39% out of service
Yemen: 38% out of service
Zambia: 62% out of service
Reports from France Telecom state that, they immediately alerted one of the two maintenance boats based in the Mediterranean area. This France Telecom Marine cable ship based at Seyne-sur-Mer has received its mobilization order early this afternoon and will cast off tonight at 3:00 am with 20 kilometers spare cable on board.

It should be on location on Monday morning for a relief mission. Priority will be given to the recovery of the Sea Me We4 cable, then on the Sea Me We3. By December 25th, Sea Me We4 could be operating. By December 31st, the situation should be back to normal"

3 undersea cable cuts hit India Net traffic

I am still facing this problem ... it was supposed to be fixed by the 22nd ... and still its in a bad shape ... grrr ... 8

Well mate Same here :( Dont know what are they upto. Have you spoken to customer care again ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back