Replacement SIM activation time

ISP
TrueOnline, TrueMoveH, Jio
So, I had a Jio eSIM for quite some time and had left India and used the connection for OTP purposes on international roaming. Recently my phone died so I lost the eSIM, too. I came to India to get a replacement physics SIM and was told it would be activated in 4 hours. It is now over 3 hours and the SIM is still not activated. My flight back leaves in a few hours and I am panicking if the SIM will be activated on time.
If there’s a delay, will I be able to use the SIM directly in another country or does it needs to work for the first time in India?

It can sometimes take longer than that. Did you take the contact details of the executive who handled your request? It is always useful in such cases. If yes, give him a buzz and ask him about the status.

You can also try calling the helpline 1800-889-9999.

Don't these idiots account for appearance changing with age and other factors? So I have had these Jio connections for the past approx. 4-5 years (ported from VF-Idea) and should I go to Jio they'll say hey you look different because there's less hair on your head now. So appearance mismatch all thanks to my hair cut. WTF man! :mad:

My entire trip to India turned out to be a waste. What I thought would be a simple task turned awful. I wonder how many seconds the back end verification people spend on each photo.

I am surprised you had to visit India for this. I had the same problem on Airtel (but I had a physical SIM which stopped working). My mom was able to goto the store and get a new SIM. I had to give a letter and various documents. She then sent it to me via courier.

Jio doesn’t have this facility. The person whose name the SIM is in personally needs to present themselves for ID and photo verification. Considering even my own photo failed verification, there’s no chance of someone else doing it.

They don't accept SIM replacement requests from anybody except the registered owner when collecting a duplicate SIM. It's happened to me on both Jio and Airtel. Even after handing over PoA and PoI, they took a photo of me before they handed the SIM over. They've become very strict.

Back