Replacement SIM activation time

I am surprised you had to visit India for this. I had the same problem on Airtel (but I had a physical SIM which stopped working). My mom was able to goto the store and get a new SIM. I had to give a letter and various documents. She then sent it to me via courier.
Airtel is much more lenient when it comes to sim replacement. You can even change name at the time of porting on Airtel.

I am planning to go to India once more to attempt another SIM replacement. Any tips on how I can increase the success chances? I have longer hair now, so the shaved head shouldn't be a problem anymore. Also, my SIM belongs to Delhi NCR circle, but I am going to Kolkata for a replacement, does that affect the chances?

Airtel is much more lenient when it comes to sim replacement. You can even change name at the time of porting on Airtel.
You can do this for any operator. There are no ID checks when porting numbers. I ported my number from Airtel (in my uncle's name) to VI (my name). You just have to lie if they ask.

I had a brilliant idea to ask my father to port the SIM from Jio to Airtel in his name and courier the SIM to me. But turns out I cannot can generate the UPC from international roaming. The message cannot be sent to 1900

You have a physical sim now? Why not send that to India and then someone can generate the UPC for porting etc.? Then do the porting and send the sim back to you. I have a friend who keeps his India sim in India only and whenever he needs OTP etc. just calls his parents and asks.

If your eSIM phone is working, then go for port. These days port request can be cancelled in first 24 hours. Also, ask someone to activate the physical sim in india and convert it to eSIM once it is activated.
Or have the sim shipped to you once it is active.

I can use this as the last option if I cannot get SIM replacement. I can leave the Airtel SIM with my parents and ask them to courier it to me once it is activated.

Back