Respect for "the god of cricket " Sachin Tendulkar - CONGRATS !!

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 17,578
i am tired of reading about how we are the number 1 test team in the world :|

Series will end in a draw,if batsmen are able to play Dale Steyn.

Its high time, we haven't seen a miracle in cricket.. i.e. team chasing almost impossible target in 4th innings!only Sehwag can do this.. but he is known to fail in 4th innings... can he change it?

I have a dubious - but Pro India stat for this.....

last 2 times when a batsman got 2 centuries against us - we have won it......

1) When AJ Strauss scored 2 tons - we won CHASING 387.....
2) When HM Amla scored 2 tons - we won that match too - just recently in Feb 2010......
3) Now JH kallis has scored it - ________

The blanks should be filled by another "WIN".......

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Frankly speaking, an odd ball is bouncing unevenly, else the wicket has nothing much to offer for the Pacers.....it has even eased out in terms of pace. If there is anything - it is for the spinners.

Or may be if Steyn is good enough - he may make the new ball + Morning conditions talk.......but once that goes, theres nothing.

Amla match was win by an innings...so it was not chasing
2nd Test: India v South Africa at Kolkata, Feb 14-18, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Strauss match, we had already scored 131/1at end of 4th day ... around 250 runs were required on 5th day..
1st Test: India v England at Chennai, Dec 11-15, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

both matches were in India.. so friendly pitches and conditions.

inshort.. game is totally different here. 341 in South Africa.. on totally unpredictable bounce pitch.

No need to post the links here - i have these things on my fingertips.

But then these are achievements & "Firsts" of their kinds......

And if against England, we were 131/1 at end of Day 4, then here we need 47 runs lesser.....and at that time, we won the game in a little over 2 sessions on Day 5.....may be this can go down to the wire!!

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

May be we can see Harris bowling the negative line......but he should also remember that when they toured here in 2010, the Umps were calling wide when he went outside the leg stump......

he is great player .. and hats off to him ...now we need 50 in ODI's too .. we fan of him never get satisfied .. :P

OT@jymn280+ required in 4hrs = 2 sessions ~ 60 overs.. not possible anymore to win.

now the match is heading toward draw .. sehwag has stamina to make it exciting .. but now every one try to play safe instead of throwing wickets ...

Back