restart modem with wait

• Thread starter Thread starter fxthomas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 6,032

fxthomas

ISP
MTNL,849 NU
hi, i have used the below telnet script for re booting the modem D-Link 502T. But this script does not have the sleep mode.i mean before rebooting the script shd wait for 3-4 mintues. below is the script tst10.exe /r:reboot.txt192.168.1.1 23WAIT "BusyBox on localhost login:"SEND "root\m"WAIT "Password:"SEND "admin\m"WAIT "#"SEND "kill 1\m" . basically i want the scheduler to run the script before 12 pm and before 8am.is there any work around.???:wall:

WAIT "#" :wall:

Use any number instead of #.... it'll wait for that much time....viz. it'll go to sleep :)

why not simply run schedular that many seconds late?!

hi, You guys mean to keep the ' WAIT "#" ' command after the Kill command, so it will wait accoridng to the Hash(#) i write?. Actually how much sec/min does a single # waits.

phew... i am not able to replicate that using WAIT command but i vaguely remember i had done that however i have found another waytry this out192.168.1.1 23WAIT "login"SEND "root\m" (enter your login ID here)WAIT "Password"SEND "admin\m" (enter your password here)WAIT "#"SEND "sleep 60 \m"WAIT "#"SEND "reboot\m"value of sleep is in seconds....

hi, Thanx for the tip, but still the modem will sleep and reboot , i want it to reboot and then sleep. Which i think is not possible i guess. reagrds,fxthomas

why do you want it to reboot and then sleep what purpose will it serve???

192.168.1.1 23
WAIT "login"
SEND "root\m" (enter your login ID here)
WAIT "Password"
SEND "admin\m" (enter your password here)
WAIT "#"
SEND "reboot\m"
WAIT "#"
SEND "sleep 60 \m"

will reboot and then sleep....... :)

my mistake ... updated.... :P

LOL... how wud modem sleep once it reboots, sleep cmd wud be killed almost immediately or infact may be sleep cmd wudnt even be delievered to modem.

hi, I know its absurd to sleep after reboot (My mistake of logical reasoning). Actually i wanted to do the Modem restart thing before 12 pm and after 8 am, but i wanted the modem to start after 5 mintues or so so that i am safe (since can't be sure ot MTNL time zone). But the reboot or Kill command starts the modem instanly within 1 mintue. Anyway i have another problem, I can able to excute the reboot.bat manually in vista, but when i add a task in the task scheduler it does not run properly. It shows in the task that the task is runing at that time but the modem does not reboot. and shows the last status as (0X1) Has anyone done it in windows vista home premuim.???? and working

i am asking again, if u can schedule reboot at 12, why not simply schedule reboot at 12:05 so it solved ur problem

Back