Rich Communication Services (RCS) Updates

RJIO already supports RCS

That Vodafone in Post #4 may not be "Vodafone India".

BTW very long time ago (in 2006), I had Samsung X700 basic phone used on Airtel network. On that phone I had installed some "SMS 2.0" app from Samsung app store. That app could be used as replacement to inbuilt messenger. It had some advanced features for SMS like changing font, bold/italic, and add emoji. But that app made phone slow, and used costed more (perhaps twice) for single SMS sent, so I removed that app. I am wondering whether that "SMS 2.0" was RCS.

Such service is still listed by Airtel for Punjab circle - airtel Postpaid Services with Latest Plans & Offers

Samsung to Expand its RCS (Rich Communication Services) Messaging Service

Samsung Electronics today announced its plan to expand its Rich Communication Services (RCS) messaging service using the recently-acquired NewNet Communication Technologies RCS solution. Samsung’s RCS service is a complete end-to-end solution that includes RCS-enabled devices, native/downloadable device clients, cloud-based RCS application servers, an interconnectivity hub among operators and a third-party monetization platform.
Samsung’s RCS cloud will allow mobile network operators to quickly launch the service and avoid the costly and time-consuming efforts of building their own network infrastructure. Additionally, Samsung’s RCS hub will support and simplify the interconnectivity among other RCS-enabled operators, Samsung and third-party RCS clouds, allowing for the same service ubiquity for users as SMS and MMS.

Back