• Thread starter Thread starter nikeel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 16,408

nikeel

Techans
ISP
MTNL Triband 384kbps UL
Earlier when I used to roam in Goa with my Vodafone Mumbai SIM card, I could roam on any network in Goa like Vodafone, Idea or Airtel.This weekend I was in Goa and I found out that I can only access Vodafone network there. All other networks like Airtel & Idea gave me "No access" message while manually trying to select those networks.My friend who was there last week also reported the same.Anyone aware about why this is so? Of course, its cheapest to roam in Vodafone network there if you are a Vodafone Mumbai user, but still trying to figure out whether there has been any change in policy.

the network sharing with airtel is off since a long time now. could be more than a year.but idea i thought was still accessible. could be that since idea launched in mumbai & bpl mah & goa circle came under the regulation of vodafone, they must have stopped network sharing

This is what I found on the Vodafone site:"Roaming across India should already be available on your Vodafone mobile phone. This will enable you to roam on all Vodafone networks across India and all other networks in non Vodafone regions."

dude same happened to me while roaming and i got an answer that wherever bpl or vodafone is available, it wont allow u to access idea or airtel.

Bt if u go in xtreme rural zone or in area where theres no vodafone or bpl netwrok, u can ONLY then access idea or airtel.

I have myself tested it. :thumb:

idea and airtel has incoming only access, i think u cant make calls (or it wud be charged as per roaming)

B4 an year when i was roaming in BANGALORE with pondicherry BPL number i accessed thro AIRTEL n/w but now i cant access it as the only option i have to choose is VODAFONE only;)

idea and airtel has incoming only access, i think u cant make calls (or it wud be charged as per roaming)

no. on idea you can receive free incoming calls and outgoing n sms r similar to roaming vodafone or bpl chrges.
& with airtel, i can recall, it was almost similar 3 yrs back bt now airtel charges for incoming too and their outgoing is way too costly.

Prepaid National Roaming | Vodafone Roaming Charges | Mumbai

Ok Idea is there in table but recently when I had been out of Mumbai, nowhere it was accepted Idea network.

Btw International SMS while roaming is cheaper than when not roaming :D (3.45 instead of 5)

i only roam in maharashtra.
Wherever vodafone or bpl in available in that particular area,it wont allow u to select idea n give error No access.

Even i m having same problem coz idea used to rock on vodafone previously.

Yep Idea used to work even nearby Lonavala or Khandala ghats but it doesnt work anymore :(

Back