Router cum Model shows all 4 indicator lights, but connection in computer keeps dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
BSNL
I have a reliance 1Mbps connection for my mom in New Delhi. I have replaced the default Reliance model with a TP-Link W8951ND Model cum router.

I have configured with reliance settings as everyone recommended. PVC2 0/35 in Dynamic mode and it connects just fine.

So, the Internet works but after some time it randomly drops. I check the router which shows all 4 lights and when I check the status page it shows me that PVC2 is up. Both of which indicate that Internet should work.

Here is the status page snapshot when Internet in my computer was down :
HwBhnoo.png

But when I try to access anything in my computer then nothing loads at all, not even the reliance login page. I checked it in multiple devices and they all can't connect, so it is something on the router side.

But when I restart it starts working again but as usual disconnects after a few minutes.

Hence, please help me determine why am I facing connectivity issues even though the ADSL link is up and I'm even getting an IP address assigned. Where is my connection breaking?

Also, here is the diagonistics page in the router when Internet is working. Anything to watch here? Does this tell anything.

zRbRq4f.png

Any help would be highly appreciated. This is for my mom's connection and I have only one day to fix this before leaving for Bangalore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back