• Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,526

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Samsung Galaxy Grand announced: single and dual-SIM versions, multi-window apps, not-so-spectacular 5-inch WVGA screen

It'll arrive running Android 4.1.2, while the dual-core (unspecified) 1.2GHz apparently enough to handle running two apps on screen with Samsung's Multi Window mode, seen on the flagship Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II. There's an 8-megapixel camera on the back, while a 2-megapixel sensor on the front will offer 720p video for calls. Inside there's a 2,100mAh battery, alongside 8GB of built-in memory and a microSD slot for expansion up to 64GB.

5-inch 800 x 480 WVGA display is a freaking joke :)

https://imgur.com/eLd6D

why whats wvga?

Exactly. I knew something like this is coming from reputed manufacturer but this is just lame attempt. Micromaxx will have replacement to a110 in short time (chinese are really fast and efficient these days) and still will be much cheaper than Galaxy grand.And lame because, by having same design for your flagship phone and bottom end, you are ruining the novelty and premium factor of high end phone. its funny that since Apple sued them for rectangular design, they have this thing for all new phones.chinese phones have flooded the market recently. it all happened so suddenly in year or so. software is ready (android really changed their luck and market share, all at same time). hardware is VFM for asking price. build quality is improving. and incredibly cheap. i am sure all other manufacturers are feeling heat at this moment.

they had great designs and phones. very robust too. moto was a innovative company at its time. will miss that. under ownership of google, things have changed and its almost certain that motorola as cellphone manufacture will never show its true colors in future. not anyone's fault but requirements of google from motorola are different. for industry, takeover of motorola was a good and bad thing, at same time.

I own this phone and it's build quality is excellent, the only problem is the lack of software updates. Moto just killed ICS update planned for this handset, which was saddening. I've also owned a Defy+ in the past which was again stuck with GB forever, not even a single update. Now that they've completely pulled out of Asia-Pacific, it's the best to stay away from this company, even though it's owned by Google. They are more or less carrier OEMs now.

21.5k. Ha, 15k was fine for this device. 21.5k is a joke. They are being greedy. They could have easily sold the Note I at 21.5k if they wanted. Still a much better device than this.

Back