Samsung Galaxy Grand

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,526
Samsung plays favorites, blesses Korean Galaxy Grand with quad-core and LTE

Opposed to a meager dual-core chip and faux 4G connectivity, the Korean version of the Galaxy Grand sports a beefy 1.4GHz processor, along with LTE network support. Additional unique features include NFC capabilities and USB 3.0. Aside from these HomeTown enhancements, the device's 5-inch WVGA display, dual-cameras and Android 4.1 operating system remain intact.

https://imgur.com/HivxD2q

great. same phone. different hardware. in different markets.

I was planning to buy this for my dad. The display is a let down but everything else looks better than the Galaxy S Duos. The Dual smart sim takes a bit of processing power so i was gonna opt for this option. What do you guys think ? Ill visit the Samsung store once to see how the display looks.

i think it is a good device for dads. text is larger. icons are bigger. it is just easier on the eyes. unless of course your dad is also a tech head who likes high resolution displays :\

I know he wouldn't notice much of the resolution. But i want him to get the best available option. Btw nice thing you pointed out about the text size. HTC has a smaller text size than samsung. Thats why i chose samsung for my mom. Ill most probably buy this one for him. :)

that's the thing. the best device for you is not the best device for your dad. you need to look at the bigger picture. in fact, i would suggest considering htc 8s or Nokia lumia 820 as well. windows phone is more suitable for a non-technie person. the user interface is simpler and there are few things you can do to mess it up. knowing my dad, he would unintentionally delete/move the phone icon from the bottom bar without realizing it and would be clueless on how to make calls. he calls me randomly to fix the bookmarks in the chrome browser on his netbook.

ah right. i do not think we have any dual sim windows phone (or ios lol) devices in the market. Galaxy grand is overpriced. so check the competing devices in this segment of the market. and do check with dad if he is comfortable using such a large device as his primary mobile phone. :\

The Galaxy Grand might be ok but the free accessories and cover are just part of a scam it seems. I had bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N800 tablet in December and they had ran the free Book Cover promotion at that time for the tablet. i had applied for the book cover within a week of receiving the tablet. It was mentioned they would send it within 30 days in their promotional website. But they scammed and never sent the Book Cover. I sent them several emails including the first one within a couple of weeks of applying for the promo book cover with invoice and proof of purchase and serial number. They acknowledged it and kept on giving false promises that they would send within a few weeks. They kept on saying that for nearly two months and since the last few emails, they are not even replying back. I trusted Samsung and had bought many home appliances and electronic products from them in the past. But the Galaxy Note N800 scam just left me completely disappointed. I had never expected Samsung to give false promises in order to attract customers. I had bought the Note N800 as I checked the complete deal which included the Samsung Galaxy Note Book Cover but they scammed me completely. Would advise other prospective customers to never opt for Samsung products especially if you are attracted by their false promos and advertisements of free accessories. Those need to claimed most of the time and the scammers do not send it to you once you pay them for the tablet/phone. In terms of customer services and promises, LG, Sony etc. are a whole lot better.

Back