• Thread starter Thread starter iitmanojit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 19,049

iitmanojit

Advance User
ISP
BSNL 3G
If you are using Windows 7 and use to connect your Samsung Mobile using the provided PC STUDIO software, you might not be able to install it or get corrupted installation.
Reason: Provided Samsung PC Studio is not compible with Windows 7. It is designed for Windows Vista and Windows XP. Samsung has released a new version for Windows 7 which has no such problem and also compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista too. Try to get it.
Download from here:
New PC Studio - Software & Manuals - Support - Samsung Mobile India

Alternate Solution:
If downloading is not possible for some reason. Try installing your provided Samsung PC Studion in compatibility mode (Windows XP SP3).

Problem Solved.

I would recommend to install the latest version as it is not that buggy.

highly valuable information.great.have u tested it?

Right click on the installer, go to properties> compatibility > run the program in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode. You must be an administrator using Windows 7 Ultimate (not any other edition).It is recommended to run the installer in compatibility mode for best use. For older PC Studio only. If you have latest PC Studio downloaded from Samsung website, then its not necessary.

Right click on the installer, go to properties> compatibility > run the program in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode. You must be an administrator using Windows 7 Ultimate (not any other edition).
It is recommended to run the installer in compatibility mode for best use. For older PC Studio only. If you have latest PC Studio downloaded from Samsung website, then its not necessary.

I managed to download PC studio without going to Windows XP mode.

My mobile shows in the PC Studio window but it does show when connecting via Bluetooth or USB ie when I try connecting to the internet there is no phone in the drop down menu for USB connection.

You must select PC Studio option in PC Connection menu under Settings in your mobile.

You must select PC Studio option in PC Connection menu under Settings in your mobile.

There is no such option of "PC Connection" on my Samsung Star Duos mobile so I have shifted back to Samsung Kies but Kies does not support Bluetooth connection.

Back