• Thread starter Thread starter hifijay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 4,764

hifijay

Regular
ISP
bsnl
Friends,I believe that SCV keeps trying experiments for adding channels and removing them for the past two months. My STB automatically updates and revises the channel list and also perhaps updates the software automatically.Two weeks back, SCV introduced (for the third time as earlier they added and removed, but this time perhaps permanently) new channels like ceebies, NDTV Imagine, Voyages, WorldMovies etc. However, the signal strength became very weak immediately. In fact, on the first day of this new channel upgrades, all the new channels had such poor signal strength that you can't watch for more than 10 seconds without signal breaking.Also, I realized that this is not due to any local cable, STB or splitter issue at my house-end, as the newly introduced channels only had major problems and other channels had limited problems. However, it was raining and I thought that it is possible that due to rain some loss of signal - in leakages or splitters - could have arisen.The situation remains exactly same in 2 weeks running. In analog mode (i.e without STB but directly thorough RF connector), the picture is visibly hazy. In STB mode, the picture is very dark, dull and hazy. The sound level is very low. I had to re-tune my TV by pumping up contrast, brightness etc to get a reasonable picture.In the STB, the signal strength is shown as 64% for many of these channels. Earlier, it was more than 90%. The signal strenght indicator bar in the channel-info display is very small - almost like a one inch line.I wish to know whether any of you colleagues also have this same problem. What is the srength of the signal you are getting (and please indicate which locality you are). I am in Alwarpet area of Chennai. Also, If anyone knows, Please advice how to correct this problem.ThanksJay

I am faving such problems my friend............and i am residing in Alwarthirunagar (near porur)

I am faving such problems my friend............and i am residing in Alwarthirunagar (near porur)

I spoke to SCV. (Dinesh - 044-28286161)

He said only operators should call him to complaint.

He also said that I am the only person complaining.

I request you to call that number and tell Dinesh about this problem.

They will do something if more people call.

Thank you for your help

Jay

Back