Setting up Auto-Reboot Telnet script on Vista?: MTNL Triband Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter nimbuz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 11,004
If anyone has been able to successfully auto-reboot the router using TST on Vista, please "export" your task schedular file and your reboot.txt and send over, I would be grateful.Thanks.

well i have configured it on vista..........but couldn't actually run the telnet scripting utility.... had to find a work around.....actually i had to create a seperate bat file to run the telnet script......

you can find the files here

Code:
http://link-removed.com/files/83709362/Reboot.rar
just schedule the reboot.bat file in task scheduler and it should run fine.....

actually i couldn't run the TST file using the whole path
C:\Reboot\TST.exe /r:reboot.txt

but then command ran
TST.exe /r:reboot.txt

thats why the bat file...... maybe someone can tell me why this happened.....couldn't pursue this further coz i am running short of time

Please note the file structure should be C:\Reboot

and the bat file to be scheduled C:\Reboot\reboot.bat

havent bothered to read all the posts above, but imho,using bridged mode and then using simple rasdial batch scripts is both faster and more reliable than telnet scripts.Ofcourse, this is only applicable if u have just the 1 machine you want to be connected to the internet

well i have configured it on vista..........but couldn't actually run the telnet scripting utility.... had to find a work around.....actually i had to create a seperate bat file to run the telnet script......

you can find the files here

Code:
http://link-removed.com/files/83709362/Reboot.rar
just schedule the reboot.bat file in task scheduler and it should run fine.....

actually i couldn't run the TST file using the whole path
C:\Reboot\TST.exe /r:reboot.txt

but then command ran
TST.exe /r:reboot.txt

I am doing the same thing but the telnet stops at password prompt.
thats why the bat file...... maybe someone can tell me why this happened.....couldn't pursue this further coz i am running short of time

Please note the file structure should be C:\Reboot

and the bat file to be scheduled C:\Reboot\reboot.bat

@nimbuzTST doesn't seem to work on Vista. I used to have task scheduler run a python script to reboot the modem via telnet before I switched over to bridged mode.

Back