Setting up Static IP address behind ADSL router

rupeshsaxena

ISP
MTNL Triband
Hi, I recently have buy the MTNL Triband connection , as i gotta 4 LAN ADSL router Heiwai(HG 510). and also applied for the static ip , now i have got it. My question is that I need to change the encapsulation from PPPoE to static ip configuration on my windows rather than on the router. Secondly , I am using the Apache Tomcat Server on my localhost port : 8080 , but unable to forward this port , I tried it in NAT configuration by selecting rule for HTTP_server n provided the LAN IP address (that wat assigned on my machine not my router's IP). Please help me out for this , hope to get positive answers from you.Thanks in Advance... :D:D:D:D

Please reply , its really urgent.....

hey cant i access my pc from any location?????

Device Information Firmware Version
:
2.11.38.0(UE0.C2)3.9.9.5 MAC Address
:
00:fd:07:9c:ae:3f LAN IP Address
:
192.168.1.1 Subnet Mask
:
255.255.255.0 DHCP Server
:
Enabled WAN Virtual Circuit
:
PVC0 PVC1 PVC2 PVC3 PVC4 PVC5 PVC6 PVC7
Status
:
Connected
Connection Type
:
PPPoE
IP Address
:
59.xxx.xx.xx
Subnet Mask
:
Default Gateway
:
59.xxx.xxx.xxx
DNS Server
:
203.xxx.xxx.xxx NAT
:
Enabled
PPP connection time
:
0d:00h:49m:04s ADSL
ADSL Firmware Version
:
FwVer:3.9.9.5_TC3085 HwVer:T14.F7_3.0
Line State
:
Showtime
Modulation
:
ADSL2 PLUS
Annex Mode
:
ANNEX_A

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin
:
12.4 11.2db

Line Attenuation
:
23.0 15.5 db

Data Rate
:
2048 260 kbps

hey cant i access my pc from any location?????
Yes.
LogmeIn application to be loaded in remote as well as in your computer.
https://secure.logmein.com/
Para two ; here I understand you are posting a Website, and using the modem as a server which any one can access
Please download the manual and see Advanced instructions. DNS/DDNS etc
Since you have already have a Static IP this may not be needed.
REF:dynadns.org/howto.php]DynaDNS.org - How to Setup Dynamic DNS

Sorry , being not specific , well the problem arises is that as per you instructed to put the DDNS on my router , it is still accessing my router , so what should i do then????I just need to configure my static ip on my machine instead of my router. This could be in secured for my networking. So , you could understand.

No , their is no access control (as shown in the pic) but ya it has an access control management for setting up the ip from accessing the ADSL modem remotely

Secondly , I unable to access my tomcat server via WAN but ya i can do it thru LAN

I tried bridging but , it doesnt works coz the default gateway is unknown (if the static ip is of series 59.xxx.xx.65 its default gateway is 59.180.159.254) and if i put the default gateway in windows tcp/ip config. (as ip : 59.xxx.xx.65 and default gateway as 59.xxx.xx.1 where 'x' is in same series) it is not taking it....hope to get reviews , if m doing in wrong way plz suggest the best and correct way. thnx a lot :redface:

Hi,I just got static IP and the guys at MTNL are not at all helpful in configuring the router on bridge mode. Do you know what is the gateway if the IP is something like 120.XX.XX.5?

Back