Setting up Vonage with BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter temptemptemp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 67,537
Please update . I thought of sending links for all screen shots of
Vonage. ( which I am using for past two years nothing adjusted )
Please post connection status Screenshot

http://v-configure.com/
Vonage ID router PW router.
Network Settings Error [Code 008]
Unplug all your networked equipment and plug them in again. DSL users, check ISP username and password.
This message displays if you have DSL service and use PPPoE as your method of connecting
to the Internet but an invalid PPPoE User Name and/or PPPoE Password was entered in the V-Portal Web UI.

When using PPPoE, you are required to login using the PPPoE User Name
and PPPoE Password supplied by your ISP before accessing the Internet.

Login to the V-Portal's Web UI from a computer connected to your V-Portal through
the yellow Ethernet port, either directly or as part of your LAN. Enter V-Configure.com
into the address bar of a web browser and navigate to the Basic Setup page
(from the Home Page click Basic Setup). Choose PPPoE as your method of connecting
to the Internet and ensure that you've entered the PPPoE User Name
and PPPoE Password exactly as provided by your ISP.

If you have questions about setting up PPPoE, refer to the complete instructions
provided in "How do I setup a PPPoE connection?" on the right of the Basic Setup screen.

For all error messages in VONAGE:
http://www.vonage.ca/media/pdf/LCD_Error_Messages.pdf​

111.Confirm The Unit was purchased in U.S and has a Vonage numberin U.S ( paid for).

The unit was purchased in Canada and I have a Canadian number. I am paying for it monthly.

112. As it is, do you get any audio voice message regarding the Vonage service ?
Sorry, didn't understand your question.

Thanks for the screenshot. I am having power cuts here, will try out Vonage tomorrow and post the screenshot.Cheers

112. If there is no Internet connection, when you lift the Handset ( Phone) you get a recorded woman's voice message "check your ISP provider, as there is no connection "etc will be heard.This is to ensure Phone is working ! and also that part in the module/modem/router supplied by Vonage.!!!!

yes, I got the recorded message saying check the network settings blah blahThen I tried Vonage Setup again, this time I changed the connection type from PPPoE and selected Connect Using : DHCP and to my surprise my vonage phone started working. I'm not sure how this worked...is it because my Huawei MT800 already has connection type as PPPoE and DHCP is enabled?Thanks a lot for your help in this regard. My next step is to connect the wireless router to Vonage. I will try the setup tomorrow and will be back here to keep you posted (if everything works) or post my questions if the setup fails (hope not).

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600](C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.C:\Documents and Settings\samba>ipconfig /allWindows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : ABCDE Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : YesEthernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 2: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Netgear WG511v2 54 Mbps Wireless PCCard Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-14-6C-8F-9B-67 Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.2 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1 DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 208.67.220.220 208.67.222.222 Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, March 05, 2010 07:34:23 Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, March 06, 2010 07:34:23C:\Documents and Settings\samba>

hey, i have been through all the steps explained above,

mine is BSNL dial up modem named Nokia SEIMENS NETWORK on it. its a residential router 1600 model.

I have a dial up connection through pppoe .

i have connected vonage according to the instructions,

blue cable from adsl model to vonage V-portal adapter.

the yellow cable from v-portal adapter to the laptop, even i have tried connection yellow cable directly from adsl modem to laptop.

i have disabled wireless connections

thats the basic settings i have done and didnt connect anything else.....

i got an error msg saying You have reached this page in error...

can you helpme out of this,

and i bought it in UK, paying for the last 3 months but unable connect
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

plssssssssssss help

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

hey, i have been through all the steps explained above,

mine is BSNL dial up modem named NOKIA SEIMENS NETWORK on it. its a residential router 1600 model.

I have a dial up connection through pppoe .

i have connected vonage according to the instructions,

blue cable from adsl model to vonage V-portal adapter.

the yellow cable from v-portal adapter to the laptop, even i have tried connection yellow cable directly from adsl modem to laptop.

i have disabled wireless connections

thats the basic settings i have done and didnt connect anything else.....

i got an error msg saying You have reached this page in error...
and the status message on v-portal adapter is RETRIEVING PROFILE with internet connected symbol on top

can you helpme out of this,

and i bought it in UK, paying for the last 3 months but unable connect
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

plssssssssssss help

Hi, I got the vonage adapter model: vdv21-vd and i got the the BSNL broadband ul750 plan with teracom modem provided by Bsnl. The tech. guy from BSNL made pppoe settings in the modem i don't have to login again and again so i hooked up the adapter with the modem and it connect successfully but the problem i am facing is that i cannot make calls or receive as it get blanks after a ring while making a call and when i get a call same thing happens it rings but when i pick up the phone it goes blank.Sometimes it works fine but that is once in a blue moon. Anyone have any idea what should i do to make it works fine? i can upgrade the plan if needed

router.access Vonage modem settings:Ip address ; 192.168.15.1ID router PW router.check connection status.Check whether telephone is set in PULSE or Tone mode.

Back