Settings for dual wan router

• Thread starter Thread starter sukumar_p55
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 9,038
Hi,finally got my Linksys dual wan router yesterday. it is the RV042 model. setup was fairly simple and there is a wizard which guides you thru the setup process. the airtel modem Beetel 220bxi should be in the bridged mode. The Dataone modem Ut300R is dialled by the router. There is an option to balance the dual isps or have one as primary and the other as fallback. you could choose the main isp. i chose the load balance. it is great to see that traffic is routed thru both the connections at the same time. page loading is definitely fast. downloads using Internet download managers are also fast. The threads taken up by Dataone which is upto 2Mbps finish very quickly but the threads taken up by Airtel 256 takes some more time. Here it would have been better to use the dataone alone. i plan to switch to dataone unlimited shortly so traffic usage might not be a problem

@sukumar_p55. congrats.1. Is it necessary to keep both ISP connections ON with this router ?2. Did you try a download with BSNLBB only and then BSNLBB+Airtel?3.Is there any difference in time taken to download a file ?4.I feel usually the faster connection takes over the total download, when I tried with dialup sancharnet ( avg3KB/sec) and Dataone (2Mbps/sec avg 100KB/sec to 200KB/sec).5. Or if both ISP's are of equal speed will the download take only half the time ?( Not claimed by the manufacturer)Para two :Since this a new Linksys model RV042, and your answers will be helpful. Thanks.

1. no not necessary.the router uses any isp which is connected.2. i have not done much of downloading as of date. still new. will keep you posted as i gain experience.3. yes. the problem is there is a HUGE difference in the bandwidths of Dataone(2mbps) and the Airtel which is 256 kbps. as i had mentioned in my post earlier. but i have not checked the time taken to download without using the download managers.4. the connection was shared and the files downloaded thru dataone finished in no time. the remaining files downloaded thru airtel was done much later. i could tell the difference as these files were being downloaded at 256 kbps speed (30-32 kbps)5. i will post once my Dataone is changed to 256 unlimited

Back