Severe noise in wireless phone when using wireless DSL modem

• Thread starter Thread starter raviaswath
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,173

raviaswath

ISP
BSNL
Hi, I recently started using WAG200 Linksys wireless modem for my BSNL broadband connection. I also have been using a wireless handset Panasonic KX-2G2360 for taking voice calls. I have used a splitter to split the incoming phone copper cable to the Linksys modem and the wireless handset. The problem I am facing I that whenever the Linksys modem is switched on, there is a severe "ssssssss" noise whenever I use the wireless handset. This noise vanishes when I switch off the modem. I tried moving the Panasonic base station away from the modem to see if it can solve the problem; but it does not help. What could be the problem? Are the 2 frequencies of the modem and the wireless handset clashing? (seems unlikely). Any pointers that will help solve this problem is welcome. Thanks for your time. Ravi.

Interesting! Maybe try changing the "channel" your wifi is working on?

yup it is because the phone and wifi frequencies are interfering.try changing the channel.

Interesting! Maybe try changing the "channel" your wifi is working on?

Thanks for the tip. I was not aware that the 'channel' of the WIFI device can be changed. Let me check the WAG200G user guide and get back.

Thanks, Ravi

Hi,I tried and changed all the 11 channels supported by the WIFI device (Linksys WAG200). Still the noise in the wireless handset stays :confused:. What do I do now? Help please! Ravi

phonejack ===>>Rj11==>>ADSLsplitter==>>PHONE ===>>> ALL phones ....................................................>>ADSL PORT===RJ11 ==>> modem router.phone jack ===.. addl ADSLsplitter ===>>>parallel lines.

This is not the case of wireless interference this thing is common with all adsl connections .even i get the hissing sound on my phone (mtnl) though i don't have wifieeseebe is right u shud connect the wires according to folllowing phonejack ===>>Rj11==>>ADSLsplitter==>>PHONE ===>>> ALL phones .................................................. ..>>ADSL PORT===RJ11 ==>> modem router.splitter reduces noise to a great extentyou might not hear the hissing sound on some phones as this also depends on the speaker in the phone. Hissing sound will be more on louder phones

give a compaint to MTNL cc. it could be a line problem.

Thanks essbebe, Your suggestion of using a DSL splitter worked! I am now not facing any hissing noise in my cordless phone. thanks very much for your support:) RegardsRavi

Back