Sharing Bsnl Broadband On Ut-300r2u

• Thread starter Thread starter abhibh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 5,633

abhibh

ISP
BSNL
Hi all,I have just got BSNL broadband installed and i want to share it on 3 computers ( 2 PC and 1 Laptop). I Have home 900 UL plus plan. Now i have a 8 post ethernet hub through which i want to share the connection. I have tried sharing it my self and via sreading some posts here on this forum but i am unable to share it.Please some one please give me step by step instructions on how to share BSNL broadband on UT Starcom UT-300R2U Thanks a lot.

Thnx seshu for sucha fast reply. i will check it out and let ya know it all worked well :).. Thanx again dude.

Hi,I have one problem My utstar modem has a new firmware which is different from the configuration link you provided. Still it provided me a lot of help setting up the sharing and connection is now shared and working fine on all the computers. Thouhg i have one problem that is it gets disconnected if ideal for 10 mins and i cant see any option for that. Please help

^ did you see any keep alive setting & made it zero ?

and can you give the firmware version ...

Hi,There us no option of keep alive. but i managed to get it done.. There were 2 options 1. Auto connect (if ideal for 10 mins disconnect)2. manual connect and dissconect / I selected the 1st option to 0 but it gave error that value cannot be 0. Then i selected 2nd option of manual and saved the settings and reebooted the modem. and its working fine now.. If i have any other problem i will tell. P.S. Will post the firmware version as soon as i get home. Secondly my modem has both usb and ethernet support.

^ I'm Happy that you are able to resolve it . if possible always prefer ethernet connectionas it is more stable . cheers

Hi,Ya i m on ehternet connection only. I hate USB one.. BTW. here is the firmware version:R100B02.7AS.B Thanks

Hi,A problem has arrived. Whenever i recieve or call someone from telephone the broadband lags and stops. Any clue why this happens ???Thanks.

^ Assuming that your setup is correct ; it can be due to a faulty splitter or disturbance in Line ...can you check the modem & splitter at another system (at a friend) having dataone connection ...

Back