Should I go for BSNL EVDO in Pune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramesh Bende

ISP
Airtel Broadband 512 UL
Hi All,I am planning to take BSNL EVDO connection in Pune.Please share ur experinces about its speed and connectivity.I live in kothrud depo. Does anybody have any idea about the n/w in this area?

Take BSNL EVDO if: :dance:

1) There is no Dataone in your area or Other Providers have failed for you. 2) You don't play Online Games because EVDO has a High Latency(ping) and that too varying. 3) You love Varying Speed of: 0kbps to 120KBps. 4) You like Average Speed; For Torrents: 15KBps (Public) 40-80KBps (Private) For HTTP : 10KBps - 100KBps 5) You don't like Port Forwarding. 6) You love Down Time of at least 24-48hrs a Week. 7) You love your connection to take a Pause of 5-10 seconds during surfing sometimes. 8) You don't want Promised Speed. 9) You love using your Computer in Different Locations of your house to getdecent speed. 10) You love Shared IP thing so that : a) You can't download anything from File Hosting Sites like: link-removed. b) And share IP with other user, so if they get banned somewhere or did something wrong, fault can be put on you. 11) And lastly, you want to Support a Government Corporation in spite of the above points.

'Arnold' :S

PS: It's better to opt for 256kbps UL connection since that is more reliable and you get the promised speed plus port forwarding.

Even my EDGE now gives me 250kbps.

excellent reply arnold...lol even after being a sufferer of evdo I cud nt ignore the funny side of it...thanks mate:thumb:

well said arnold. @ Ramesh,go for adsl landline, in pune some telephone exchanges really will give u fast connection. I got mine in 8 days.

I am thinking of getting EVDO to work on laptop from my college.Can anybody tell me if it would work from Sinhgad mountain?

excellent reply arnold...lol even after being a sufferer of evdo I cud nt ignore the funny side of it...thanks mate:thumb:
well said arnold. @ Ramesh,go for adsl landline, in pune some telephone exchanges really will give u fast connection. I got mine in 8 days.

Lol guys, it took me around 15min to compile that. ;)

I am thinking of getting EVDO to work on laptop from my college.
Can anybody tell me if it would work from Sinhgad mountain?

Pal, you have to ask BSNL guys only. They are the people who knows where the tower is evdo enabled and where customer is getting evdo signal, whatever terms it maybe.

Believe me, my comp is in one place only where I get the best evdo signal and speed but when I move my modem a little bit, connection looses speed, connectivity and try to switch to some other tower. That makes me doubt how faithfully it will work on the move. :S

Hi arnold991,Well there is no broadband connection(Tata Indicom, Airtel and Reliance) avialable in my area.so only choice is BSNL :confused:. But I do not want wired connection because I may not be staying in current flat after 3-4 months. So with wireless again out of tata indicom ,aritel and reliance, tata indicom and reliance have very poor reviews for wireless connection. One of my firiend is using Reliance in same area which gives 234 kbps gets disconnected frequently. And airtel mobile n/w in myl flat is wierd. My friends can not even make calls with airtel. So only choice again is BSNL :). So heard about this EVDO and thought may be this is the best bet considering price also. (Hoping to get 2 mbps speed :D).One more funny thing is that I am taking this connection to launch a my own site from home:D :D. I wonder what would be the down time of my site.Any guesses ...........

Agreed with all the above points. Especially point No. 1 :P

Better get a UL750+ plan. If you prefer mobility then only go for EVDO or say those Reliance or Airtel data cards...

Well ramesh something is better than nothing, then you should go for the same, :whistle:

Totally agree. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back