• Thread starter Thread starter kapil9211
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,433

kapil9211

Regular
ISP
Airtel 2mbps 5GB
Hey Guys/MTNL Broadband users,I am looking for a broadband connection for my home.Kindly suggest me to go for MTNL or not? as I am already confused with so many options now-a-days.Following are some key-points:> 24/7 availability is must> should be cheap. Budget is of around 500 - 600 pm incldng taxes.> i dont need unlimited plans as i dont want to dwnld movies> speed is must. Youtube viewing shud be smooth instead of holding up to cache it first.> i dont have a MTLN landline> i do have Tata Indicom Wireless landline (if it matters/helps to suggest other alternative/s)Thanks. Waiting for your responses.

You require a mtnl landline phone in order to acquire a broadband connection.

If you want to pay Rs 500-600 pm including tax, You should opt for TriB 399 which gives you a 2GB limit.And yes, MTNL has barely any downtimes and delivers promised speed. I get around ~1.9 mbps.

EDIT: Incase you want to have a look at the tariff for Delhi, Here is the link: http://mtnldelhi.in/broadband/triband_tariff.htm

Hey Guys/MTNL Broadband users,
I am looking for a broadband connection for my home...
Following are some key-points:
> speed is must. Youtube viewing shud be smooth instead of holding up to cache it first.

You tube videos will eat up considerable bandwidth and the 1 or 2 GB limit will be exhausted quite fast

for 600 bucks u can get the 256 K Unltd plan from MTNL but then you tube videos will not run smoothly at that speed

Thanks for the posts!!....Plan 649 with 2mbps speed/5gb limit fulfills my requirements.But my major concern is availability. If due to some reason the net goes down, how much time does MTNL guys take to rectify the problem? And how frequently it happens? And howz the service these MTNL guys provides? I dont want to take leave from offc and maaro chakkar of their sarkaari offices if something goes wrong in terms of availablility of net. Since as I said, availability is my major concern.

downtime is very less. but if ur line goes down, no1 can guarantee when it will be up! if its an individual problem then it can take days to solve but if exchange wide problem then it gets solved in a day.

But my major concern is availability.

Downtime in MTNL is rare. I have not experienced any so far.

cool. I guess then I should go with this instead of taking up Airtel and spending more.

i m 3 year old user but i have only 2 days downtime .once for 1 days when they cut cable due to water pipe digging and second when some one broke my wire !!:P

Thanks guys. MTNL seems to be rocking. I wonder why do people go for Airtel etc.Although I decided my plan but its so tempting to go for the unlimited plan.Can u guys post ur speedtest results who all r having 256kbps plans!! I dont think the youtube viewing wud be smooth.

Downtime for me in the last 4 years has been 2 days - two one day outages. The first was about 2 years back and the second about a month back. In both cases the problem was fixed in a day or less, and in both cases the problem was at the exchange. I report the outage at around 3PM or 4PM and the problem gets fixed the same day.

Back